YOP – year 7 week 12

YOP 7 banner 2

I’ve had a couple of working weekends which means I didn’t get to work any more on my Grace cardigan or on my Sadhbh shawl so I’ve no updates on those from the last time I blogged as they are at the same point. What I do have to show you is socks!

First up is the toe-up version of the Wildflower Honey socks. I finished the second sock so the pair is now complete. This reminds me of why I enjoy knitting my socks concurrently.

Wildflower Honey

Next up is the pair of Wildflower Honey socks I’m knitting for the KAL on instagram for these socks, #wildflowerKAL I’ve worked the first sock to the point of needing to do the heel turn and flap on it and I’m currently working through the gusset increases on the second one. These have been my go to project for waiting at appointments and while waiting on school pick ups, that is why so much progress got made on socks.

Wildflower Honey 4a

I’m finished now with working weekends for awhile as my deadlines have all been met so later today I’m going to be knitting on both my Grace cardigan and on my Sadhbh shawl.

My list has been added to and is looking like this

Garment Rail  – min 3

• Herbarium started Jul 24th/finished July 19th
  • Gracestarted Jul 30th
  • From Way Back
  • Sammal

Sock Box  – min 10

Shawl Drawer  – min 3

My page of current projects for this YOP year can be found here.

To read other blogs taking part in YOP – Year 7 or indeed to take part yourself, check out the Ravelry group here.

This entry was posted in Knitting, Year of projects and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to YOP – year 7 week 12

1. Gracey says:

Love both those pairs…I’ve been following the progress of Wildflower Honey ones on Instagram

2. Marsha says:

Loving your socks. I love the color of the second pair. No more working weekends, young lady. lol

3. Rain Frances says:

The socks look great!!! I’m going to attempt my first pair this month…just waiting on yarn. I’ll have to look up how to knit them concurrently, because I have heard whispers of that before, but never really knew what that meant!

Love both pairs of wildflower honey, your colour choices are gorgeous. Hope you got the rest of your weekend.

5. Love your socks…both are gorgeous!

6. Lynn says:

Such pretty socks! You have such exquisite taste in colour combos!

7. Becki says:

Your Wildflower Honey socks are beautiful, Ruth. While I’ve never knit a pair of socks, I can imagine that knitting two concurrently is the only way to go. I know I’d never likely finish the second sock if I didn’t tackle them at the same time.

8. Stefanie says:

You are so productive, Ruth. I don’t know how you do with while managing your beautiful family.

9. I really like the wildflower honey pattern. You always choose the perfect colours for your designs.