YOP – year 7 week 6

YOP 7 banner 2

This past week has been a relaxing knit filled week. With the majority of my work being knitting on new design samples and the weekends filled with my own personal knitting projects it has been very enjoyable.

I started my Grace garment last weekend and it was so relaxing! I was sad to put it down on Monday when I needed to start my working week. I’m hoping later today to make even further progress on it.

Grace 2

During the week when visiting friends I also completed my pair of My Dearest Loveliest Elizabeth. I love how these turned out and the subtle colours are just so soothing.

My Dearest Loveliest Elizabeth

I’ve one toe up sock of a design sample that needs to be done which I will cast on this week but I won’t be counting it towards my socks YOP total. It just needs to be done and I have two new design samples already on the go that I thought it best to just fill my sock knitting time with this before picking a new sock project to work on.

My Gráinne shawl has made no further progress this past week, last Sunday I was too preoccupied working on my Grace to pick this up again. Today is when I had set out to work on it, so you won’t see any visual progress on it until next week.

Gráinne 5

This weekend here in Ireland is a bank holiday weekend so I get an extra day to work on the above projects.

A Year of Projects, The List, 2017 – 2018

Garment Rail  – min 3

• Herbarium started Jul 24th/finished July 19th
  • Gracestarted Jul 30th
  • From Way Back
  • Sammal

Sock Box  – min 10

Shawl Drawer  – min 3

My page of current projects for this YOP year can be found here.

To read other blogs taking part in YOP – Year 7 or indeed to take part yourself, check out the Ravelry group here.

This entry was posted in Knitting, Year of projects. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to YOP – year 7 week 6

Grace looks brilliant, I love that colour. Your Elizabeth socks are lovely as well. Enjoy your long weekend.

2. Karen says:

What nice projects! I look forward to seeing Grace when it is all done – it looks like a nice cardigan!

3. Ella says:

I love your colour choices in all your projects. So the Elizabeth socks are done – love the pattern. Hope you’ll get to spend some quality time with Grace. My shrug and I still aren’t on speaking terms. 😉

4. Marsha says:

Grace got some nice love this week and it shows. It looks like it would be hard to put down. Your Elizabeth socks are so pretty. I agree with you about the color. They blend into each other seamlessly.

5. Yay for bank holidays, we have a holiday this monday too – BC Day – to celebrate this wonderful province I live in. I love all your projects and the colours you choose for them. Happy knitting.

6. You are really tempting me! I know I will make those socks at some point in time and Grace is awfully lovely too. I’m just trying hard to finish WIPs and then there’s Christmas….but if I was a selfish knitter I would be buying beautiful yarns like yours and casting on your beautiful designs!

7. Rain Frances says:

The socks look really nice, I love how the heels look, great job! 🙂 Too bad you had to go back to work! 😉

8. Becki says:

I love the soft purple heels and toes on your Elizabeth socks. And Grace looks like she deserves all the lovin’ she recently received. 🙂