YOP – year 7 week 3

YOP 7 banner 2

I did wonder if I would have anything to report on this week. It’s been a busy week with lots of non-project, non-knitting, reading stitching kind of things being accomplished. It’s also the last week of holidays and the two weeks off work has been wonderful. I know being a designer is a pretty awesome job but it was lovely to kick back and not think about deadlines and notes and all the other many things that need thinking about. I’m behind on a few things work related that I know this coming week will have to be dealt with but the break was worth it. It’s re-charged my batteries and let’s just hope that next week I can get back into the swing of work mode.

But you are all here for a Year of Projects post so let’s get to that before I keep rambling on.

My Herbarium sweater made progress. I love this sweater even more, if that’s possible. The rib band is all that remains to be done on the second sleeve and then it just needs a neck band. Those will be completed this week and then comes the decision on what garment, on the list, to start next. At the moment I haven’t decided but hopefully by next weeks post I will have.

Herbarium 3

I’ve made some progress on the second leg of my My Dearest Loveliest Elizabeth socks. I didn’t make as much progress on these as I had wanted to this week, but after the busy week I’m just glad I made some. I love the colours for these and I really can’t wait to have these off the needles and able to wear them.

My Dearest Loveliest Elizabeth 3

The last project I made progress on was my Gráinne shawl for the Go Your Own Way Shawl KAL that I’m running in my Knitterarium Ravelry group. I’m finished the first garter stitch part which I’m working in the Rambling Rose colourway and I’m about to introduce the second colour, Briar Rose, for the lace section. This is my weekend relaxing project for definite and I’m going to be kicking back later this evening and working on it.

Gráinne 3

So there you have it and now that just leaves me with showing you what my YOP list looks like.

A Year of Projects, The List, 2017 – 2018

Garment Rail  – min 3

• Herbarium – started Jul 24th
  • Grace
  • From Way Back
  • Sammal

Sock Box  – min 10

Shawl Drawer  – min 3

My page of current projects for this YOP year can be found here.

To read other blogs taking part in YOP – Year 7 or indeed to take part yourself, check out the Ravelry group here.

This entry was posted in Knitting, Year of projects and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to YOP – year 7 week 3

1. Marsha says:

I love your jumper. The color is so rich and lovely. I see a new pair of socks being in your drawer shortly. And again, they will be yellow. I am loving the Grainne pattern. I think that will be make many more times. It is the perfect weight to be worn in our moderate winters here.

2. The colour of that sweater is gorgeous. Can’t wait to see you model it!

3. Ella says:

The more I see of your Herbarium sweater, the more it grows on me. Give it another week and I’ll add it to my own list. 😉 Can’t wait to see the lace part of your Gráinne shawl.

4. What a delicate looking sweater and such a lovely color. I adore those socks and the yarn you chose also. Plus, the shawl yarn…..I love those vintage blush colors…they are just so beautiful. I can’t wait to see your shawl. Glad you took time for yourself….you’re a smart lady!

5. Lynn says:

It just gives me the biggest lift to hear how uch you love your Herbarium, even now as it’s almost finished. So wonderful when the finished article meets and exceeds expectations!

I enjoy your rambling, by the way! I love Herbarium and the colours of your Elizabeth socks are gorgeous.

7. Becki says:

Your Gráinne shawl is lovely. I clicked through to see what the finished design looks like. It’s beautiful, and your model is adorable. You create many types of beauty, Ruth 🙂

8. PJ says:

I love that sweater. The color is gorgeous! Can’t wait to see it complete. The Grainne pattern is beautiful. Now that I’ve clicked the link to Ravelry, I’ve added two more shawls to my ever growing “I need to make this list”. I need more hours in a day.

More hours in the day sounds about right and I could do with some of them as well. So many wonderful things to knit and so little time!

9. Stefanie says:

Progress is progress, no matter how small. I had none unfortunately because I’ve been rewinding yarn remnants and labeling them. That’s what happens when I’m lazy and don’t keep track + think I can ID the ball later.

I’m the same always think I can ID the yarn and it never happens! It might not be progress but you got some essential background work done.

10. Rain Frances says:

Hi Ruth! 🙂 I am in LOVE with your colour choices!!!! That sweater is beautiful, and that peachy colour is gorgeous. The socks and shawl too, you have a great eye for colour 🙂 Life is getting in the way of my projects too, but it is summertime here so I’m focusing more on being out with the dogs and the garden these days! 🙂