YOP – year 7 week 2

YOP 7 banner 2

Dropping in for week 2 of the YOP year and a little update on the progress made on various projects.

First up is my Herbarium jumper. We have been out and about on day trips this past week so I’ve only managed to make a little progress on the second sleeve. I’m just about to start the fourth and last skein of yarn for this jumper.

Herbarium 2

Most of the progress this week with on going projects has been made on My Dearest Loveliest Elizabeth socks. They have been the perfect out and about day tripping project. One leg has been completed and I’m working away on the second. I love the stitch definition I’m getting with this Eden Cottage Yarns tempo yarn.

My Dearest Loveliest Elizabeth 2

Lastly I started to work on my Gráinne shawl which I’m knitting as part of the Go Your Own Way Shawl KAL being run until Aug 31st in my Knitterarium Ravelry group. The lovely easy relaxing garter section made a great relaxing project last weekend and I’m hoping to relax some more with it today.

Gráinne 2

This past week I’ve had two other blog updates, one on what I’m reading HERE and one on what I’m stitching HERE.

That just leaves me with showing you what my YOP list looks like.

A Year of Projects, The List, 2017 – 2018

Garment Rail  – min 3

• Herbarium – started Jul 24th
  • Grace
  • From Way Back
  • Sammal

Sock Box  – min 10

Shawl Drawer  – min 3

My page of current projects for this YOP year can be found here.

To read other blogs taking part in YOP – Year 7 or indeed to take part yourself, check out the Ravelry group here.

This entry was posted in Knitting, Year of projects and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to YOP – year 7 week 2

1. Ella says:

You’ve made quite some progress on your wips. I love the colour of the socks. Good idea to knit them both at the same time.

Thank you Ella, I tend to knit all my socks concurrently, not where I have second sock syndrome but more I love the fact of having both complete at the same time.

Oh that herbarium is so close! The Eden cottage yarn is gorgeous, what a splendid colour and the pattern is really striking.

3. Stefanie says:

I can’t wait to see Herbarium (I imagine Hermione Granger saying it.) on you. I always smile at your Pride and Prejudice WIP’s.

I can’t wait for Herbarium to be finished either. You know me and my Pride and Prejudice and I can’t wait to share a surprise later in the year!

4. I really like the socks and the yarn you are using!

5. Allison says:

Love Love your color choice for your Herbarium! It’s absolutely prefect for summer.

6. The herbarium is lovely – that colour is gorgeous.

7. Becki says:

I don’t know if it’s the yarn you’re using for the Herbarium, or if it’s the pattern, but that looks like a tangerine cloud. So lovely to look at – I’m sure it will be wonderful to wear! Your pictures are all just amazing to look at. 🙂

8. PJ says:

Those socks are beautiful. Socks are such a great travel project. I love how you work both at the same time. I often suffer from second sock syndrome.

Thanks PJ and yes they really are the perfect travel project. I just love having both socks done at the same time which is the main reason I knit them concurrently.

9. Rain Frances says:

Hi Ruth 🙂 Your jumper and shawl look so pretty. I love the stitching. I’m a beginner and I hope one day to be successful with those kind of (what I consider) complicated stitches!

Thank you Rain and every new stitch learnt is a new stitch to add to your knitting know how and you’ll find you’ll be able to do a great many projects of all manner of stitches. We all started at the beginning.

10. Marsha says:

Your jimper will be done lickidy split. What a lovely color too. You and your yellow socks. They even make me smile. I must say, the Grainne shawl sure does work up quickly. I am loving it but am doing it without beads as it will be a prayer shawl and needs to be washable and dryable.

Thank you Marsha and I intend to infect the world with smiles one yellow sock at a time 😀
      Gráinne does work up quick doesn’t she and without beads she will still be stunning.