YOP – year 6 week 15

YOP6_Banner_with_skinny_border_medium

This week has been one of those weeks that flew by without me even realising. I had so much to do and I don’t think I accomplished the half of it. Knitting has been sparse as I eeekked out the last available time with my sister, who returned home to Australia. They arrived safe and sound and we shall continue to stay updated with each other via skype.

What little knitting I did accomplish this week seems to have been on my socks. I cast these on last Sunday and worked on them on and off on the school runs, when I actually remembered to take the project bag along with me! For these socks I’m using the Sockmaticians recipe for toe ups. Toe ups are not my normal go to, I can knit them I just seem to always opt for cuff down. These I’m just knitting a plain vanilla sock with the Jack Skellington colourway from Norah George Yarns. These I’ve given them the incredibly original name of Vanilla Toe Ups and I don’t think I’m going to lose my toes in these socks!

vanilla-socks

All other work was spent this week on my new website and my new design rebranding and name change was announced. For anyone who missed it;

instagram-post-1

Today I’m spending time on my Herbarium jumper, it has been too long and I’m wanting to make progress on it. This is where I left it some weeks ago.

Herbarium 4

I’ve no idea yet what my aim is to work on this week, that planning will be done a little later today at some stage as it is my second eldest sons 15th birthday. I do know this week if my website comes online I will have a new pattern release, I can’t say when as I’ve to just finalise the last few website bits.

So that just leaves us now with the list which looks like this;

A Year of Projects, The List, 2016 – 2017

Garment Rail  – min 3

1. Herbarium – started Jul 24th

Shawl Drawer  – min 4

Sock Box  – min 6

Design Corner  – min 6

My page of current projects for this YOP year can be found here.

To read other blogs taking part in YOP – Year 6 or indeed to take part yourself, check out the Ravelry group here.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to YOP – year 6 week 15

1. Dianna Mattscheck says:

I’ll have to let my daughter know about that toe up pattern. She does cuff down but wants to try toe up.

2. Leah says:

I love the name of your renamed website, very original 🙂 I like the colour choice of your socks too. They remind me of bumble bees. Looking forward to seeing your progress made on your herbarium.

Congratulations again on the new website, hope all goes smoothly this week.
    I love those socks, I’m into toe up myself at the moment, in order to use the yarn up i think!

4. Stefanie says:

I love how you weren’t afraid to rename your brand. I have different usernames all over but don’t care because that’s what I feel and how I roll.

5. Marsha says:

I missed the renaming of your ravelry group and abour had a heart attack when I went to go at it and it was gone. Then I noticed a new group in my group list and figured it out quickly. Phew, I got scared. Glad you got to spend time with your sister. Looking forward to your new pattern release. The toe up socks are quite strking with that lovely yellow toe.

6. Becki says:

Has your new website been launched? I look forward to checking it out. And I enjoy seeing your Herbarium again. I love how soft that coral colored yarn looks.

7. Beth says:

Love the name and the rebranding! And that neon yellow!!

8. The rebranding is great. Those toes look like they would glow in the dark! Sock knitting is just so darn rewarding, isn’t it?

9. Love Knitterarium…cute! The toe up socks are something I want to try and your yarn is fantastic for the socks. The lace shawl looks really “lacey” and delicate…don’t snag it!