YOP – Year 6 week 12

YOP6_Banner_with_skinny_border_medium

Just a quick update this week on progress made on projects.

On my Pebble Socks the heels have been turned and now it’s just a straight on knit to the foot decreases. On these socks I’ve tried the German Short Row Heel so we shall see how the fit of that goes. I normally do a heel flap and gusset but the pattern gave directions for this so I’ve tried it out to compare.

pebble-socks-4

I have caked up some other yarns to work on some other pairs of socks over the coming weeks as I’m enjoying family time with my sister. Socks are quick, easy and a perfect portable project to take along.

The secret secret project has finished up so now I can get back to working on the previous two new designs I was working on before. I’m sorry I can’t share any more but just as soon as I get the go ahead to I will shout it all out. Secret projects make for boring posts though don’t they!

Anyway back to this design and this here is one part of the inspiration I had for it. The rest I shall be sharing as we move closer to its release, including its name.

dying-of-the-light-3

I had a small amount of stash enhancement this week. This yarn is called Carrot Cake. I had ordered it some weeks back when I saw this colourway dyed up in a lace weight yarn and I asked the dyer to dye some on some 4ply sock weight yarn. This just says Autumn to me. I am now sorry I didn’t request a cardigan quantity of it as I think it would work up wonderfully in a lovely light Fall cardigan.I might just hold onto this and use it as part of a cardigan or sweater.

stash-1

Speaking of sweaters I’ve not gotten to make any progress on my Herbarium, and I’m hoping with the exit of the secret project that I can now get back to working on it. Other than that work this week will continue on the Blue design and on socks and hopefully my Herbarium. Thank you all for your favourite shawls of the moment. It was wonderful to read them all. I’ve not decided just yet what my next personal shawl will be but I think there is enough on the needles at the moment that I don’t quite need to decide just yet.

Now I am off to enjoy some time with sister who landed with us late last night. I do hope to catch up with you all over the course of the week.

So that leaves the list looking something like this,

A Year of Projects, The List, 2016 – 2017

Garment Rail  – min 3

1. Herbarium – started Jul 24th

Shawl Drawer  – min 4

Sock Box  – min 6

Design Corner  – min 6

My page of current projects for this YOP year can be found here.

To read other blogs taking part in YOP – Year 6 or indeed to take part yourself, check out the Ravelry group here.

This entry was posted in Celtic Knits, Designs, Knitting, Year of projects. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to YOP – Year 6 week 12

1. Renee Anne says:

Those socks scream “FALL WEATHER” to me, which makes me think of proper sweater weather (not the kind I get in California)…..and then I remember it’s supposed to be in the upper-80s today (~31.1 C). Ew. ::sigh::

2. Leah says:

Oh I have fallen for the carrot cake yarn, very autumnal indeed. I can see the inspiration in the colours you have chosen for your design, lovely colour choices. The pebble socks are coming along nicely. I really want to learn doing two socks at the same time.

3. Stefanie says:

I covet thee carrot cake yarn!!! Added Green Elephant to my Etsy favorites. What phenomenal inspiration for your latest design. Mother Nature rocks. Will try to blog today for YOP.

4. Marsha says:

The pebble socks are so nice. They will make a great enhancement for your sock drawer. I am so anxious to see the secret secret project. Its like waiting for Christmas to come. Your new design is so pretty. I love the inspiration for it. Pretty pretty new yarn too.

5. Becki says:

The Carrot Cake yarn is awesome. The color. The name! I’m soooo ready for autumn. Bring it on!

6. Enjoy your visit with your sister. Sisters are the best! I love the carrot cake…..very appropriate for autumn.

7. Love the pebble socks and let us know how you like the German heel. I have yet to try the Fish Lips Kiss heel! Your inspiration picture is absolutely breathtaking and I think from the look of those yarns your project will be too. The Fall colored yarn is a perfect representation of the season and I want some! Fall is my favorite with Winter close behind. I don’t have any sisters or brothers either but I can just imagine how much fun you 2 will have! Enjoy!

The pebble socks look lovely, hope you like the heel. And the carrot cake yarn is fantastic, I can see why you might save it for something really special.

9. diannamcheck says:

Hope you end up like the heel. Those colors together are gorgeous!!!!

10. I just now noticed you are working both socks at same time on dpns. I don’t think I have ever seen anybody else do that. I have seen them work two at a time on circulars of course and once -once!-work them one inside the other on same dpns. Is there a reason you do them like this? To avoid second sock syndrome? make sure they match? Curious minds…

No reason Elka other than I have both socks finished at the same time and it feels like I’m knitting one sock. I have no trouble knitting the second sock only my impatience to have it knit with the first and to be able to wear it.