YOP – Year 6 week 10

YOP6_Banner_with_skinny_border_medium

This week has been the week of steady progress on projects. Nothing new has been cast on, a few new designs have been sketched out and it has just been about steadily working away on what is on the needles. So let’s take a look at the progress.

The leg of my first Pebble Sock is done with the second started. This was done mainly last Sunday evening when I wanted a break from my Herbarium. This also made it into the car for school pick up knitting. Our schools were back at various points this past week and socks are just the perfect project to have when waiting in the school car parks.

Pebble Socks 2

My Herbarium has made progress as well. I am really enjoying this knit, the pattern is great but the yarn is really wonderful to work with, I really love it!. At the moment this is a weekend only knit project as the work week is full of projects and I would really want to work on this all the time.

Herbarium 4

Work wise this week, it has all been about making good steady progress on this blue project. I’ve not touched the brown one as much this week, possibly because it just needs knitting, the pattern has been drafted but there were options with the blue that I wanted to work through first before drafting. This week is likely to be more a balanced week on both projects.

Dying of the Light 2

One acquisition this week has been this gorgeous project bag I’ve had my eye on for a while. I got it from Craft House Magic on Etsy, Ellie is based in the UK and she makes the most wonderful bags, they have this gorgeous quilted feel and have free form stitch on them. The bag pictured with the blue project above is also one from Ellie. I think these ones are my favourite of all my project bags and I have quite the collection going on!

Project Bag

Look at those gorgeous DPN cosys as well. I think they need a new pair of socks cast on in them! I might have to get on that this week. I’ve not cast on a new personal shawl just yet as I’m still in two minds as to what one to cast on. I have two new shawl designs of my own on the needles and I’m not sure what I want to knit shawl wise for my personal stash just yet. Any recommendations? What are your favourite shawls?

So that now leaves the list looking something like this,

A Year of Projects, The List, 2016 – 2017

Garment Rail  – min 3

1. Herbarium – started Jul 24th

Shawl Drawer  – min 4

Sock Box  – min 6

Design Corner  – min 6

My page of current projects for this YOP year can be found here.

To read other blogs taking part in YOP – Year 6 or indeed to take part yourself, check out the Ravelry group here.

This entry was posted in Celtic Knits, Designs, Knitting, Year of projects. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to YOP – Year 6 week 10

1. Beth says:

Lovely post – thanks for sharing! My current fave? Definitely Rheinlust.

2. Marsha says:

The socks are coming along nicely. And yes, they are the perfect take along project. I try to have socks going all the time, just for that reason. Your sweater/jumper is coming along nicely too. The color is gorgeous. Your blue project looks so swishy soft. Can’t wait to see what kind of shawl pattern it will become. As for a favorite shawl………………….Other than the shawls you design, I really like the Color Affection shawl.

3. Donna says:

It’s always fun to get new goodies. I love the dpn holder with the butterfly. All the yarns you work with look so delicious. You know, I have yet to knit a shawl (or crochet) but the one I have my eye on is Surge my Lisa Mutch. I love the lines in that one.

I love your pebble socks (I may have just got those patterns!) The bags are gorgeous and look so well made – you can never have enough bags. As for shawls, if it’s not one of yours, I don’t think you can go far wrong with Joji’s ? Pure joy?

5. Leah says:

Great progress, I love the colour yarn you are using in your Herbarium, it’s very different and cheery. The socks look great and I love that blue in the last project. I have a christmas swap partner who’s favourite colour is blue so I am thinking project blue ideas at the moment.

6. Cyra says:

A great week of projects there. Good to have a little something to knit while waiting for school to chuck out.
    Those are some really gorgeous project bags. What a great find.

7. Lisa says:

Nice progress this week. The project bags are awesome. I love having a project to take with me as I wait on the kids.

8. Stefanie says:

I’m drawn to your Pebble socks; sometimes a knitter’s version is more appealing than its original presentation. Your Herbarium is like coral foam. Good for you on treating yourself to goodies. It does feel good to do that, yeah? I know you’re one, hardworking mum.

I agree on sometimes the knitters version being more appealing, it has happened a time or two with my own particular designs. Aw thank you! It took me quite a while to treating myself to goodies but I’m getting better.

9. Sharon Evans says:

I love your pebble socks. The colour of Herbarium is gorgeous and that project bag is sweet.

10. diannamcheck says:

It is always so nice when you find a yarn that is so wonderful to work on. I LOVE the project bag. Looking forward to seeing the completed projects.

11. I hadn’t noticed the herbarium pattern before–it is very pretty. Those project bags are adorables.

12. Becki says:

I love the socks. And the yarn. So pretty. And today is the first time I clicked through to see what the Herbarium is all about. It’s such a pretty sweater top! I can’t wait to see the finished item. And those zippered bags are great. I love the detailed shot showing the first one – showing some really interesting freeform stitching. What fun to have such nice project bags.

13. I really like your pebble socks and I remember waiting in the car for kids at school…long time ago! I like the herbarium as one poster said…it reminds me of sea foam except for the color. the blue looks very interesting and your project bags and dpn holders are awesome! You’re right, they are unique and I love how she quilts them. Have a great and productive week!