YOP – Year 6 week 9

YOP6_Banner_with_skinny_border_medium

Lots to catch up on this week with having missed last week. So I think we shall get straight to it this week.

I did finish up Simones Wedding Shawl on the day I last posted. It has since been blocked and I love how it turned out. It’s all ready to wear now for the winter and it is so long and big that I’m pretty sure I can pop this one on a top and I won’t need anything else to keep the chill out, certainly for the early days of Autumn.

The Tutti Fruitti socks I had on the needles have also been cast off this week. I loved how these turned out and all from the remainders of ends.

Finished Tutti Fruitti Socks

With a pair of socks after coming off the needles I did cast on another pair. This time I’m knitting the Pebble Socks by Mina Philipps and I’m using this Chocolate Sauce colour way by the Irish Indie Yarn Dyer Dublin Dye. These I am again knitting concurrently on DPN’s and they are in my new Nomadic Yarns “Always” project bag. Who could not love it!

Pebble Socks 1

I have also been making a little progress on my Herbarium jumper. I’m really enjoying the knitting of this project and yarn which is Eden Cottage Yarns is just gorgeous. I tend to only get to knit on this at weekends with design and sample work needing to be done during the week but I am loving it.

Herbarium 3

I have also released a new pattern. Aer na Farraige. This is the third shawl in the Summer Memories Collection.

Aer na Farraige 17

There are two new designs on the needles which I am currently working on and much of the last week has been spent working up the drafts for these as well as editing the draft on the green one. With the personal delays last weekend it should be going to my tech editor this week.

This past week I received my Anchorman themed yarn box that I had signed up for. This was just as much fun receiving as the Big Bang Theory one was, I’m looking forward to whenever the next one might be. This yarn is called “Glass Case of Emotion” and I love the fun moustache project bag and markers.

Anchorman Yarn Box

The list this week has had some changes and so looks like this now;

A Year of Projects, The List, 2016 – 2017

Garment Rail  – min 3

1. Herbarium – started Jul 24th

Shawl Drawer  – min 4

Sock Box  – min 6

Design Corner  – min 6

My page of current projects for this YOP year can be found here.

To read other blogs taking part in YOP – Year 6 or indeed to take part yourself, check out the Ravelry group here.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to YOP – Year 6 week 9

1. Leah says:

Your Simones wedding Shawl is so beautiful x The socks look fun to have made. Looking forward to seeing all your other projects.

2. Erin Grant says:

Those shawls look amazing!! and the socks are adorable. 🙂

3. Simone’s wedding shawl is so lovely. I adore the Tutti Frutti socks….what a cool idea and they turned out so cute! You are really rocking the designs too! Love your yarns and cute project bags.

4. MrsMcD918 says:

Your work is so lovely!

5. Sharon Evans says:

The wedding shawl is stunning, and lots of interesting projects underway. I love the yarn in the Anchorman themed box.

6. Becki says:

Wow. I love the Simone Wedding Shawl before you blocked it. But blocked it is a show-stopper! I love the lacy parts – I wasn’t seeing in the progress pictures how those sections would open up. Just beautiful! And the Aer na Farraige is lovely, too. And more shawls to come! You are amazing, Ruth. And what a fun themed yarn box! 🙂

7. diannamcheck says:

Stunning!! Your shawls are just stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Marsha says:

Your wedding shawl came out fantastic. Another pair of socks done for you, good job. Your sweater is going to be so pretty once it is done. It looks like a nice evening knit, by the fire. I see you gave us teasers again of new designs. Your brain is so productive!

9. Beverly Matheson says:

Your work is so beautiful. I always love seeing your projects.

I spotted your shawl on instagram, it is stunning and will surely see you into autumn. Love the new design and can’t wait to see the next. I do like the Mina Phillips collection, I may have to succumb!

11. Cyra says:

Oh my word! The wedding shawl is delightfully gorgeous. You are going to feel like a celebrity in that… what a star piece.
    Tutti fruitti socks are such fun. You will see everyone smiling when you wear them. Aer na Farraige shawl is also lovely. You are the ‘shawl queen’.

12. Donna Capps says:

Gasp! The wedding shawl is stunning! what a beautiful color you chose to make it in too. Your new pattern/shawl is so airy and lacy. What a beautiful design.

13. Iris K.-B. says:

I’ve had a long break from blogging, so am only just checking back in, but love all the projects. Simone’s Wedding Shawl in particular is stunning!