YOP – Year 6 week 7

YOP6_Banner_with_skinny_border_medium

This week has been a week of editing, writing, knitting and casting off. The green sample, I’ve been showing glimpses off for the last few weeks, is off the needles. I’ve finished writing the last parts of the pattern, and this week it shall wing its way to my tech editor before heading for testing.

Deirdre 5

The last section of Simones Wedding Shawl is finished and the last few garter stitch stripe section has been started. I’m expecting it off the needles later today. Both this and the above shawl will need blocking this week, so proper shots hopefully next week of this at least, not the top one yet 😀

Simones Wedding Shawl 5

My Weasley Rib socks are my FO for this week and were off the needles last Sunday, they have since been blocked and are now ready to wear.

Finished Weasley Rib Socks

We all know the first rule of sock knitting and that is; when you cast off a pair you must cast on a pair straight away. I had these ends of the Aquaman Sucks yarn left, added to that is some West Yorkshire Spinners yarn in Butterscotch that I had left over from a pair of socks last year, and I think I may very well have enough for another pair of Sundae Socks. These I am calling my Tutti Fruitti socks. I am once again knitting these concurrently, I found that really worked for me with the Weasley Rib socks and I liked having a pair of socks cast off together.

Tutti Fruitti Socks

Because of so many cast offs over this weekend, next week, all week will be all about cast ons! Exciting! I love a good bout of cast ons and can’t wait to get started on them, they are all ready to go in their project bags, but more on those next week.

There have been a few acquisitions this week but I’ve not snapped a picture of those yet, perhaps this coming week.

So the list looks like this;

A Year of Projects, The List, 2016 – 2017

Garment Rail  – min 3

1. Herbarium – started Jul 24th

Shawl Drawer  – min 4

Sock Box  – min 6

Design Corner  – min 6

My page of current projects for this YOP year can be found here.

To read other blogs taking part in YOP – Year 6 or indeed to take part yourself, check out the Ravelry group here.

This entry was posted in Celtic Knits, Designs, Finished object, Knitting, Year of projects. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to YOP – Year 6 week 7

1. Cyra says:

Oh you teaser, giving us just a glimpse of ‘the green thing’, lol.
    Well done on all your finished items this week. And the wedding shawl almost done too. Way to go.
    The socks look very good in the variegated yarn, and that tutti-fruitti to be cast on is just so so delicious. Looking forward to seeing that one in progress.

2. Gracey says:

Very nice…the wedding shawl..can’t wait to see the whole thing! Very nicely done on the socks…and the green thing is a continual mystery! Love those yellow DPNs!

3. Dianna says:

I love your choices of yarn colors. I decided I’m going to order more needles so I can do my socks at the same time. I think that will really help with second sock syndrome. Can ‘t wait till you stop teasing us and we get to see final pictures 🙂

Oh there is nothing like the excitement of new cast on’s!! I love the look of your new shawl and the wedding shawl looks stunning. Your weasley socks are lovely and I look forward to seeing the next pair.

5. Sharon Evans says:

That green thing looks very interesting, love the colour. The shawl is lovely and look forward to seeing it finished. It great starting new projects after finishing others.

6. Stefanie says:

You have terrific progress this week, Ruth. I can’t wait to see that Wedding Shawl in its full glory. Your newest sock made me smile; I like how you go for color. No one can say you are conservatively color boring.

Lol no they definitely can’t, with socks I don’t mind the craziest of colours, it seems in shawls I like the more simple understated, same in garments but you can always bet I’ve got a crazy coloured pair of socks and yellow socks just make me smile 😀

7. Becki says:

While, of course, I love seeing the finished projects, I also really enjoy seeing the progress pictures. Yours are so close up and luscious. And your finished Weasley Rib socks are beautiful!

8. Love the colour of your tutti fruitti socks – so very cheerful.

9. Those socks are bright –I bet they make somebody smile on a dreary day 🙂

10. Marsha says:

OOOHHH, the green thing is done? How exciting. I can not wait to see it revealed. I am in love with your socks. I think all socks should be colorful and fun. I know, I get too many request for ‘quiet’ socks. They take me forever to make when they are boring. The colors for your next pair is WONDERFUL!

11. Donna Capps says:

I can’t wait to see the green thing!

12. Donna Capps says:

I can’t wait to see the “green thing” all finished. I want to see all of it’s glorious details.