YOP – Year 6 week 6

YOP6_Banner_with_skinny_border_medium

The vast majority of the week was spent working on two projects.

The first was Simones Wedding Shawl, I’m on the last lace section of this and have a small garter stripe border to do and then it’s done. I will be aiming to have this off the needles this week. Of course I’m eager to get this off the needles due to recent yarny purchases but more about that in a bit.

Simones Wedding Shawl 4

My working week was spent making a good sizeable chunk of progress on this one, as is evident by the ever decreasing ball of yarn, there is a second ball to be added in for this one. I’m really enjoying the knitting time spent on this design.

Deirdre 4

Yesterday I took a trip to Dublin with my eldest. He turns 16 tomorrow and wanted to go to the city. I took my sock project, the Weasley Rib socks, with me for the train journey and made great progress. Both socks are now ready for toe decreases so I expect these to also be off the needles this week.

Weasley Rib 3

Yarn parcels this week have mainly been for work, these first three are for designs.

There was one personal bit of stash enhancement and it happens to be this Little Bobbins project bag that I was lucky to get in Dani’s last shop update. I love the simplicity of this look, it’s my favourite of all.

Stash 2

This coming week is going to be about getting Simones Wedding Shawl and the Weasley Rib socks off the needles. Work wise I will still be working away on the green item but hopefully with some cast offs I can start another new design or two that I have in mind. I will also aim to start another personal project, otherwise updates would be very boring.

So the list looks like this;

A Year of Projects, The List, 2016 – 2017

Garment Rail  – min 3

1. Herbarium – started Jul 24th

Shawl Drawer  – min 4

Sock Box  – min 6

Design Corner  – min 6

My page of current projects for this YOP year can be found here.

To read other blogs taking part in YOP – Year 6 or indeed to take part yourself, check out the Ravelry group here.

This entry was posted in Celtic Knits, Designs, Knitting, Year of projects. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to YOP – Year 6 week 6

The wedding shawl is going to be stunning and the project bag is gorgeous – which project will take up residence!!?

Thank you Lucy, the wedding shawl is going to be and gorgeous and I’m not sure which project will take up residence, that is going to be the hard thing, deciding.

2. Love the wedding shawl. Your photography is looking awesome xx

3. Cyra says:

Oh my! The wedding shawl is so gorgeous. Just adore the texture on it, and it looks so soft.
    ‘Green item’ and the Weasley socks are making great progress. Can’t wait to see what the ‘Green item’ turns into.
    The project bag is so sweet, no wonder you couldn’t resist it.

4. Beverly Matheson says:

I’m robin’s on that gorgeous wedding shawl. Yummy looking. Your yarn choices are beautiful.

5. diannamcheck says:

Its so exciting when it is near time to get a project off the needles, such a good feeling. Can’t wait to see the completed shawl! Your socks…do you knit on each one in the pair at the same time? Does that help with second sock syndrome? I love the bag!! I love her podcast, I’ll have to check out her shop but not till next month. No more buying till next month. I have a bag coming from ZigZagStitches and Mrs.Browns Bags.

6. Marsha says:

Ruth, you acquisitions are marvelous. Your green thing has really grown too. Your socks are soooo close to being done, I know you will have them off the needles in no time. What a cute bag. I am still in love with your wedding shawl.

7. Casey says:

your shawl is so dreamy looking! ♥ Yay for almost finished objects! It’s so satisfying just getting close

8. That shawl is awesome, and I agree about the simplicity and perfection of that project bag!
    Travel is great for sock knitting, isn’t it. I am packing enough for two pairs as I head to Croatia in two weeks. Long flights, long layovers = sock knitting time!

9. Becki says:

I always know your pictures are going to be treat for the eyes, Ruth, but the green in that second pictured shawl is too gorgeous for words. I know I’ve seen it before, but it’s really striking to me in the picture above. And what a cute project bag! Love it!

10. the shawl is really pretty. I like the colors. So far I have avoided striped shawls because of how to tackle the color changes on edge. Lovely little bag. Thanks for enabling! 🙂

11. Stefanie says:

I love that first combination of yarn. And always like seeing the progress on the minty shawl and those comic socks.

12. Lisa says:

The wedding shawl is beautiful. So great you got one of the Little Bobbins projects bags. They look so nice.

13. Gracey says:

The wedding shawl is beautiful and I order the green in the design…can’t wait to see it!

14. Gracey says: