YOP – Year 6 week 4

YOP6_Banner_with_skinny_border_medium

This week I’ve worked on and off on my Weasley Rib socks. The second leg is done and I’m ready to work the heel flap now on both and move on towards the foot part. I got some new dpn cosys from Hawthorn Cottage Crafts on Etsy, Kate is based in Northern Ireland and I’ve been wanting to get some of her items and I managed to nab these.

Weasley Rib 2

Last weekend I spent some time working on my Simones Wedding Shawl and I’m aiming to work some more on it this weekend. This garter section is nearly complete and then I move onto another lace section.

Simones Wedding Shawl 2

I’ve also been steadily working away on this new design piece.

Deirdre 2

This past week I also had a new release, Gaineamh. This is the second pattern in the Summer Memories Collection. She is now available on Ravelry.

Gaineamh 1

Last weeks Aer na Farraige, has now been blocked and tech edited and is now currently with test knitters in my group here.

IMG_4635

The yarn for my Herbarium has arrived and it’s been caked up. I had hoped to have had the swatch done and be ready to cast on today but the end of the week got busy, so later today I hope to work up the swatch for that.

Herbarium 1

That is it for the past week, knitting and work wise. This coming week I’ll be working away on the new design piece, on the socks – on and off and the Herbarium.

So the list looks like this;

A Year of Projects, The List, 2016 – 2017

Garment Rail  – min 3

1. Herbarium – started Jul 24th

Shawl Drawer  – min 4

Sock Box  – min 6

Design Corner  – min 6

My page of current projects for this YOP year can be found here.

To read other blogs taking part in YOP – Year 6 or indeed to take part yourself, check out the Ravelry group here.

This entry was posted in Celtic Knits, Designs, Finished object, Knitting, Year of projects. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to YOP – Year 6 week 4

1. diannamcheck says:

The dpns cosys are awesome. What a great idea! Your wips are wonderful. Can’t wait to see them finished. Beautiful designs. Very talented!!

2. dorothyoz says:

Oh wow – you have been so busy. I love the look of your socks and those dpn cosies are very cute. Love love love the colour of that yarn. I bet its lovely and soft too.

3. Marsha says:

Ruth, The wedding shawl is going to be so pretty with the colors you have chosen. Congrats on publishing your 2nd summer memories pattern. The fiber for your Herbarium is lovely and that pattern is quite striking. Love those DPN holders you nabbed and the socks that are in them are way cool. Will be looking forward to seeing what your new design will be. Very productive week.

4. Gracey says:

So many great things on the needles…and those DPN cozies are great!

5. Your shawls and designs are so lovely. I enjoy the stories behind your designs. My luck would be I’d make one and Miss Peeps would tear it to shreds! LOL! The weasley socks are awesome in that yarn and I really like the yarn you got for your next shawl too. You are really flying right out of the gate this year!

6. Sharon Evans says:

Love the cosies and the socks look great, your shawls are magnificent, you are very talented. The yarn is really pretty.

7. Stefanie says:

Your Aquaman Sucks yarn is so crazy; it always makes me smile. Only your project makes me like that Weasley Rib pattern. I love this Kelly green you’re working with for a new design. I also love your new yarn. It’s plucked from the feathers of flamingos.

I can’t wait Stef to wear those socks! They are going to make for happy feet inside boots this Autumn and winter. I wouldn’t dream of wearing yarn that crazy about the body, it would clash with my hair lol!. This is my favourite green and I specifically ordered it from the dyer for this particular design, so I’m really looking forward to seeing it as it grows.

8. Becki says:

Gaineamh is lovely, Ruth (as are all of your designs). This one is so versatile and yet, elegant.

9. everything you post is so yummy: your dpn cozies, your shawls, the colour of that yarn. All of it!

Ah all of those shawls are gorgeous. I love your dpn cosies, I’m thinking of getting my own, but then I think I could make them!!

11. What great progress you’re having this year. I’ll be on the look out for the new patterns. I love the colors for the wedding shawl and the last makes me think of summer nights.

12. Christine says:

Nice looking collection of activity! I like those DPN cozies. That may be my next non-yarn purchase…

13. Donna says:

I love your grey shawl. It is beautiful. The DPN cozies are a great idea. I don’t have a lot but it is easy for them to become a mess. I’m loving that emerald green yarn and can’t wait to see what that ends up being.