YOP – Year 6 week 2

YOP6_Banner_with_skinny_border_medium

This YOP week has been a slow one. I worked on my Sprinkles Sundae Socks last Sunday and managed to get half way up the foot of the second sock. Yesterday I finished the second sock. I am adding these to the list but won’t count them in the minimum requirements for this year.

Finished Sprinkles Sundae Socks

Other than the socks I worked on very little other personal projects this week. I’ve been busy finishing off the shawl sample of a new design that was on my needles. I’ve had a test knit that needed to start with one finishing up as well so there has been a lot of admin work. This is a sneak peek at the what the test knit is of and it is being run in my group here.

Fionnuala Wedding 5 - Copy

What there has been this week, is a lot of stash acquisition. I signed up recently to a Big Bang Theory Yarn Box by an Irish Indie Dyer (Green Elephant Yarns) in conjunction with an Irish sewer (Sweensie) who makes project bags. If you’ve seen my IG feed this week you will have seen the box. The yarn is called “Aquaman Sucks” and I love the Geometry Rules project bag. I’m thinking of caking up one of the Aquaman Sucks yarns for my next pair of socks, I should really knit from stash but hey we will see. Big Bang Theory Yarn Box

I also picked up three skeins of yarn from Karena from Strand Designs, again another Irish yarn dyer and sewer, she is the lady who makes most of my project bags that you all see. She ships international also, I thought I might add, because I know there has been a certain few who have been eyeing them and the shipping is not overly expensive. Anyway, yarn, yes gorgeous yarn from left to right we have Seagrass, Storm Clouds and Pretty Little Disaster. As of yet I’ve no projects planned other than to put these into my private stash, not my design stash but I’ve been thinking so we shall see where they actually end up ๐Ÿ™‚

Yarn Stash 1

My package of interchangeable HiyaHiya’s also arrived with two new sets of dpns 2.25mm. I am thinking over time I might pick up a set a of the bamboo HiyaHiyas which will all interchange together because you know I love wood and bamboo also. The dpns are for me to knit two socks at a time and as I much prefer dpn sock knitting I wanted two pairs the same to ensure tension would be the same on both socks. I know I could magic loop but I love dpn sock knitting and really have no wish to change at the moment. I’ll try out the two at a time on my next pair and see how I get on.

I am waiting on the parcel to arrive with the yarn for my Herbarium and then I shall make a start on that. With the socks finished I also hope to work some more on my Simones Wedding Shawl this week before possibly casting on another shawl. That should make this up coming week a busier one.

So the list looks like this;

A Year of Projects, The List, 2016 โ€“ 2017ย

Garment Railย  โ€“ min 3

1. Herbarium

Shawl Drawerย  โ€“ min 4

Sock Boxย  โ€“ min 6

Design Cornerย  โ€“ min 6

My page of current projects for this YOP yearย can be found here.

To read other blogs taking part in YOP โ€“ Year 6 or indeed to take part yourself, check out the Ravelry group here.

This entry was posted in Celtic Knits, Designs, Finished object, Knitting, Year of projects. Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to YOP – Year 6 week 2

1. Leah says:

Love the colours in your finished socks. Just had a sneak peak at the Herabium pattern, very nice, looking forward to seeing your version.

2. Cyra says:

Very nice. Love the sprinkles socks. “Pretty Little Disaster” lol, what fun that title portrays.

3. diannamcheck says:

The socks are great!!!! Wow, gorgeous yarns!! Can I just say totally jealous lol The test knit is gorgeous.

Gorgeous yarn – I have been eyeing them on instagram! Your new shawl is stunning, I look forward to seeing the test.

5. Stefanie says:

Fun socks. I like all of your new, squishy yarn. I love wood or bamboo DPN’s. I have a set of Karbonz and they’re too slick for me.

6. Love your new yarns and their names. Too funny. That project bag is awesome (I am a math geek). And your shawl is beautiful. Good first week, I’d say!

7. Marsha says:

Your stash enhancement is gorgeous. I am in love with the Aquaman Sucks as well as the Seagrass. Can’t wait to see what you make with the new yarn. Congrats on the finished socks and the new design being out for test knitting.

8. Love the yarn for the Sprinkle socks and Pretty Little Disaster is lovely also. You’re off to a great start!

9. Becki says:

That shawl that is being test knitted is gorgeous. And it’s photographed beautifully in front of that sheer fabric. It evokes a sense of romance as well as intrigue.

10. Sharon says:

Great socks, but that shawl is gorgeous and I love that yarn.

11. Donna says:

Wow, beautiful work and amazing yarns. I love the storm clouds colorway. I love grey. I can’t wait to see more of your progress.

12. dorothyoz says:

Gosh your knitting is awesome !! I’m jealous ๐Ÿ™‚ The test knit looks beautiful – will be interested to see the whole project later. Love the hand dyed yarn.

13. kimmery4 says:

Oh my Ruth.. such lovely yarn acquisitions! I am drooling like crazy–and I am totally hopping over to check on those bags–you couldn’t have been referencing me were you? ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚ You have lots of fun things on your plate for the week so it should keep things interesting. I wished I enjoyed lace knitting more-as your shawl patterns are lovely. Maybe one day I will get brave and try one!
    xoxoxo

Let’s just say Kim I’m keeping my bags close haha, but really the shipping is not very expensive from here to you ๐Ÿ˜‰

14. Lisa says:

Aquaman Suck is a fabulous color! Ok, so all the yarn is awesome, great acquisition. Your current projects are so pretty. Can’t wait to see more of your finishes.

15. I have been ogling the yarn and project bags on your Instagram feed! But I’m still feeling strong about stash-busting and yarn-dieting for the moment. I guess signing mortgage documents will do that!

Love the shawl – so pretty!