YOP – Year 5 week 29

YOP 5a

This week I’ve worked on the blanket, the blanket a little of my Ériu sample which really needs to move on a bit now and then some more blanket. The blanket is easy to pick up and put down as it is always easy to figure out where you’re at with it and seeing as I can’t show you any of Ériu yet lets have a look at the blanket.

This picture was taken mid week with the second colour repeat section complete. I am now halfway through the third colour repeat and that will bring me up to half way which I’m hoping to be at by tomorrow.

image_medium2 (1)

I’d like one of these blankets in these exact colours I’m thinking for my own couch as a throw. I think that may have to wait some time but I am liking it and working on it in the frosty snowy weather we have at present helps keep me warm some, it’s kind of a win win project.

Now the list, it looks something like this;

________________________________________________________

1. 2 Cloths finished Sept 25th
  2. 1 Cloth finished Oct 2nd
  3. 1 Cloth finished Oct 21st

Blanket:

1. Crochet Blanket started Jan 6th

________________________________________________________

My Ravelry project page for this YOP -Year 5 can be found here.

To read other blogs taking part in YOP – Year 5 check out the Ravelry group here.

This entry was posted in Celtic Knits, Crochet, Designs, Knitting, Year of projects. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to YOP – Year 5 week 29

1. Stefanie says:

I like this blanket. You are so patient. I’m knitting something right now and I even got a little anxious thinking about how long I had to go which is only two feet max, LOL.

I know what you mean because if I think of the entire thing and all that’s planned for the next month or so with my design schedule I panic so I have to break it down into the colour sections, then it stems the panic a little 🙂

• Stefanie says:

Actually, my panic was more about the length although I do have a lot to do and want to accomplish this year. Whenever I knitted a baby blanket, I always got anxious around 24″. I think 3′ is the biggest I’ve had the patience to make.

2. I’m sure it will be a lovely blanket.

Another gorgeous blanket, you always choose such wonderful colour combinations. This one is another winner!

Thank you Lucy but I can’t take credit for this combination, I’m just following the colour combination that Lucy in Attic 24 used, it really did appeal to me and I couldn’t do better than it.

4. It’s a really lovely colourful blanket! Certain to provide ample visual stimulation for the lucky little one!

5. Marsha says:

The blanket is great. Lucy at Attic 24 has suchan eye for bright cheery colors. Anxious to see your next design too.

6. Becki says:

The blanket is coming along nicely, Ruth. I, too, want to crochet me one of these. I mustn’t start another project though, ’till I finish some of what I’ve already got underway. At least not a large blanket. ;^)

7. gwenythlove says:

The Attic 24 blanket is coming along so nicely! I love the colours!

8. silkandwool says:

I ove the stitch pattern if this blanket, and your colours are so lovely. It’s going to be gorgeous!