Yop – Year 5 week 5

YOP 5a

This past week I’ve been steadily working away on my How I Make my Socks project. They are coming along great. First sock is finished and I’m pleased with the finished sock. I kept the striping pattern going from the leg through instep and foot part which just gives it a better look I think than having just knit away and have had it all a bit crazy looking. The ball of yarn is as crazy as I want this project to be. My main problem with them was I didn’t like the ball of yarn unknit, I mean look at it! Now that I’m seeing at least the first sock knit up they have grown on me and I like them but I’ll still be glad to have a knit pair of socks from that ball! 😉

11817253_1123203134361076_2695432846935997682_n

The weather here has been dreadful and I’ve not gotten the finished photos taken of my next pattern that is currently with my tech editor, I’ve still got some time but I’d like to have them done and in the bag. Let’s hope that can happen this week.

While waiting for a photoshoot to happen though I have been working away on some other charts and patterns and I’m hoping to get the next pattern in my schedule written up. This sample is knit already so it just really needs bringing together, another task for this week.

My Yop list is looking something like this now;

________________________________________________________

14. Dawlish
  15. Milfoil

Designs:

Over the next 12 months my aim is to publish 10-12 patterns

1. Cosán Cowl

________________________________________________________

My Ravelry project page for this YOP -Year 5 can be found here.

To read other blogs taking part in YOP – Year 5 check out the Ravelry group here.

This entry was posted in Celtic Knits, Designs, Knitting, Year of projects and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Yop – Year 5 week 5

Red, white, and blue always had a fresh and modern look. These are softer versions of the colours. These are perfect spring/summer socks.

2. Personally I rather like making socks out of these clever balls of wool!

3. Marsha says:

The sock is great with such a lovely was the yarn patterned it. I hope your weather gives you a break so you can do your photo shoot.m

4. iknead2knit says:

It looks great! it just goes to show that you can’t always judge a yarn before it’s knitted up. Thanks for sharing.

5. I think they’re very bright and fun! Very summery and a little bit nautical!

It is brilliant, I’m always quite amazed by these strange looking yarns!!

7. Ann says:

I really like how your sock turned out and yes, you certainly couldn’t tell from the ball. Having no change in the stripe pattern from foot to leg is remarkable and I think I’ll have to give this pattern a try. Hope you get better weather soon.

8. Becki says:

Ruth, if I understand correctly (me not being a sock knitter) you’ve had to do something intentional to get that even striped pattern? IOW, it’s not a natural pattern, necessarily, from knitting straight through with that yarn. I can understand your earlier not liking the yarn so much if that is the case. But you have made a really cute sock there. What fun they should be to wear.

Yes I had to knit the heel and heel turn with yarn from the inside of the ball as I’d forgotten to take some off at the beginning for this part, doing it this way means when I go back to knitting the gusset and instep I am continuing on with the yarn from the front from where I was before I separated to do the heel parts if that makes sense, and so didn’t disturb the flow of the stripe pattern.

9. mmmyc6 says:

I don’t know that I would have been motivated to knit with that yarn from looking at it either… But what a pleasant surprise! They look so neat!
    We are very excited for your patterns to come back from the tech editor 😉

They are certainly the surprise socks I think of the year which is good because then the yarn is not wasted.
      Oh thank you it’s great to hear that people are enjoying my designs, you always hope they do but it’s so nice to hear, thank you for that 🙂