It was great catching up with all the new lists this past week, seeing them all laid out and as usual I’ve a few,
who am I kidding a lot, of new patterns added to my favourites.
This past week I had two main aims.
- Sample knit my Dagda design as I have some design changes I want to make to it, write the changes up and get the first draft pattern sent off to my tech editor. So test knitters can be keeping an eye out in my group.
- Cast on and work on the second Hulst sock.
I cast on the design with the new changes, made a mistake, frogged it, cast it on a second time, changed another feature, frogged it to see what that was going to be like, can you see a theme here? Cast it on a third time and well it’s going well, I do have one or two further tweaks I want to make but they are so tiny it won’t need frogging out again, they will just need to be noted down for the pattern. With so much frogging happening the first draft is not finished never mind sent off to my tech editor but that’s how things go. I’d prefer to be happy with my changes before doing that anyway. This was where it was at yesterday before I worked on it for the evening. It is in fact finished.
I did cast on the second Hulst sock and for most of the week not much progress was made on it. It has sat like this from early in the week. But now that one part of the sample is finished, today I’m taking time out to work on them and to read. Let’s see what progress can be made on these today!
So for this week my aims are going to be something similar.
- Finish the sample design and get the first draft written and sent off to my tech editor.
- Finish the Hulst Sock.
- I should also have my next pattern coming on sale this week. It’s back with my tech editor getting the final look over, my test knitters did a wonderful job with it. Do keep an eye out in my Ravelry group here for it.
My list is looking like this;
Year of Projects 5 List
- Hulst Socks KAL started Jun 21st
- Basic Ribbed Socks
- Time Traveler Socks
- Zigzagular Socks
- Hedgerow Socks
- Vanilla Latte Socks
- Hermione’s Everyday Socks
- How I Make My Socks
- How I Make My Socks
- River Rapids Socks
Over the next 12 months my aim is to publish 10-12 patterns
My Ravelry project page for this YOP -Year 5 can be found here.
To read other blogs taking part in YOP – Year 5 check out the Ravelry group here.