YOP- Year 5 Week 1

YOP 5a

So hear we are! The start of another year of projects year.

This is the post when this years list is revealed.

The hopes for the next years worth of projects are laid down and set out.

In previous years my list was subjected to add on’s, take off’s and just general change abouts. This year I’m hoping to stick with the list for two main reasons really.

1. I’ve laid out the yarn from stash to go along with patterns.

2. By having set out patterns I’m hoping this will leave me free to concentrate on designs.

The set out patterns with stash yarn are there for me to work on when I’m not working out a design or working on a sample. They are something for me to just kick back and knit.

So that will be one part of my list, the second part of my list is my design part. I’m going to be doing it anyway so I figure I might as well include it in the list.

So the list, let’s have a look at it.

———————————————————————————————————

13. Willowherb
  14. Dawlish
  15. Milfoil

Designs:

Over the next 12 months my aim is to publish 10-12 patterns

———————————————————————————————————

And there you have it! That’s the list. Very tame by previous years standards but then I’m not showing you exactly what is in the design section….just yet anyway. It has got some things I’m excited about working on so no doubt we shall have the return of teaser part visible shots in that area of the list.

I will also be keeping an eye on the Sock Knitters Anonymous group and the SolidSocks group on Ravelry and I will hopefully be able to take part some of the months. If a month grabs my attention on both then I very well may just add in another sock, for instance July in the Sock Knitters Anonymous group has one literary category which I’ve a couple of socks which would be perfect for but right now my schedule is full but perhaps towards the end of the month I might be able to squeeze one pair in.

This past week I completed the first sock in the Hulst KAL that I’m doing as part of the Blue Peninsula group.

image_medium2

I have also been working on a pair of Danu Fingerless Gloves for stock. I have the top ribbing and thumb left to complete on the second glove which I will finish off today.

Over this coming week I am aiming to;

1. Sample knit my Dagda design as I have some design changes I want to make to it, write the changes up and get the first draft pattern sent off to my tech editor. So test knitters can be keeping an eye out in my group.
  2. Cast on and work on the second Hulst sock.

My project page for this YOP year has been set up and can be found here.

If your interested in also taking part or just reading other blogs taking part check out our Ravelry group here.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to YOP- Year 5 Week 1

1. mmmyc6 says:

I did not know you could set up project PAGES! Hmm… Must tinker with that later…
    You will LOVE how quick the vanilla lattes knit up… They are fun.
    Looking forward to your designs!

I like the project pages as everything for that year goes in there, once I remember to set the tag and use it haha. I’m looking forward to relaxing and knitting a few of those socks on the list.

2. Gracey says:

I set up project pages, but as I start on projects…it’s interesting how you set them up…I have a few like that, but not all as one projects…

I set them up individually as well I also like how under one folder just that year of projects show up, it all appeals to my neat and tidy side πŸ™‚

Ohh socks – can’t wait to see them all and see your patterns. Looking forward to the journey!

4. 15 pairs of socks and pattern designs? Wow! Sounds wonderful.

Well it always sounds wonderful at the start , now if it’s like that at the end then we shall have a major celebration. πŸ™‚

5. Marsha says:

I see some very yummy socks for you and your family this year. Love the yarns you have picked out for them too. I am also anxious to see your designs that you do this year. As well as the tales that go along with them. I love Irish lore.

I must admit I’m being a tad selfish with those socks in that they are all for myself, I’m very conscious of what is in store this winter for my ankle after last winters injury so I’m trying to prevent that by giving my feet nice warm wooly socks to wear πŸ™‚ Ahhh the Irish lore got you did it, well I shall have to remember that and provide you with plenty. πŸ™‚

I like this list of socks. I have tho make those Hermione ones this year. The last pattern is ornate like the Baroque period. I think of UK church architecture.

I loved the last pair of Hermione socks I knit and that’s why I now have another pair on the list for this year, it is at the moment my go to sock pattern so it will be interesting to see over this year if my go to sock changes. I also love those Milfoil and as my list is in no particular order they won’t be the last socks to be knit I’ll bet πŸ™‚

7. Becki says:

You are the sock-making queen! I love all the beautiful patterns you have listed.

Thank you but really in the YOP circle I really only am a sock knitting novice but I do love knitting them and I’m looking forward to getting to knit most of these this year.

• Becki says:

Really?!?!? This give me some encouragement to learn how. Your socks look great!

Oh yes, there are one or two who are simply amazing sock knitters and they really inspire to do better and be better at socks so I hope they do that for you also. They are also a font of knowledge if you should ever get stuck.

8. Julia says:

Love the socks. Good luck with the designs, sounds fascinating.

9. Jessica says:

Not that I need another board to follow on Ravelry, but I do like test knitting. πŸ˜€

10. Love your sock list. I’ve had Hermione socks on my list for awhile now….I need to break away from my Susan Anderson pattern that I do love. I miss your projects for your children and the pictures of them but I realize your business takes much of your time. At least your out here again…grateful for that!