YOP- year 4 week 33

IMG_0010-1

This weeks post needs to be re-titled.. Snatched Moments

Snatched Moments to knit…

Snatched Moments to organise some future projects…

Snatched Moments between a dash here and a dash there while the many many jobs and chores of this week laid claim to my time and attention.

I did call a halt yesterday afternoon and just sat.

Too tired to knit

too tired to read (things are bad when that happens),

so I napped and woke ready to tackle at least some knitting and so I knit.

I finished off a pair of commissioned Danu gloves which are now happily soaking in a basin ready to be blocked out later. I even got started on a second pair of commissioned gloves.

Danu

Danu

These are some of the yarn cakes I got done during the week, ready just to pick them up and use.

IMG_0107

Right now I intend to sit and take it easy for the day, no rushing, no unnecessary jobs or chores. I’m turning off the computers and the phones and just taking a time out!

My project page is relatively up to date and all notes so far can be read here.

If you would like to read other blogs taking part in this yop year or to join in yourself you can find us here on Ravelry.

My list for this yop year looks like this;

YOP – Year 4 – Jan 15/Jun 15 – list

8. Morvarch
  9. Taliesin
  10. Nine Maidens
  11. Ocean Breeze
  12. Kyna

miscellaneous :-

This entry was posted in Celtic Knits, Designs, Finished object, Knitting, Year of projects and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to YOP- year 4 week 33

1. silkandwool says:

I hope you’ll get some rest today! Lovely yarn cakes waiting for you after you charge your batteries.

Yes. Do take time for yourself. You have a terrific eye for yarn colours.

3. iknead2knit says:

Sounds like you’ve earned a break! enjoy!

Love the yarn and glad to hear you are taking a break – make the most of it!

5. Marsha says:

Enjoy your day of rest. Everyone needs to do that now and then. Yarn cakes sounds yummy and they look yummy too. It is nice that you have them all ready to snatch and go when it is time for them. Your list for the year is looking pretty good.

6. You are smart to know when you need to take a break from it all. Enjoy your rest, if anybody deserves it you do! Love the yarn colors!

7. Renee Anne says:

I know exactly how you feel. Knitting time has been lacking in my world, as well.

8. Charne says:

Ah those yarn cakes make such a lovely ‘view’ I hope you felt refreshed after your relaxing day!

9. Ylva says:

Hello! I’m peeking in again, missing you all over in the YOP group 🙂 it sounds like a busy week indeed, I hope you’ll get some more time to knit and relax this coming week. I’m so impressed by your designs, they are gorgeous. I have the Eriu shawl in my queue 🙂

10. kimmery4 says:

Frankly Ruth–I don’t know how you find time to do all you do, and take care of that sweet family of yours! I am glad you took time for yourself–we do all need that at times, otherwise we are no good to anyone! Your little yarn cakes are adorable–and I love how we knitters call them cakes!
    Take care, love!