Yop – year 4 week 29

2015/01/img_0010-1.png
This week has felt like not much progress was made. That may have been due to running out of yarn for this project 7 rows from the end! In fairness I did suspect after the first ball I may not have enough and should have ordered the yarn then, but I didn’t and now I wait so all I can show you is this weeks picture.

2015/01/img_0007-0.jpg
Remember that ball of yarn that was sulking in its project bag last week?

2015/01/img_0009-1.jpg
Well after running out of yarn for the other project it came to me what design it wanted to be! I am now about 3/4 way through knitting the sample and hope for it to be finished today or tomorrow. It is now having a sulk about what name it wants to be called! Let’s hope by the time they it is blocked next week that comes to me as well! For now a teaser shot for you all.

2015/01/img_0008-0.jpg
That pretty much sums up my fibre filled week. I didn’t get time to do any spinning and Fódhla still remains unblocked.
This week I do hope to block not only Fódhla but also the above two projects that need finishing. I’m not sure what next will go onto the needles. That’s a mystery even to me!

To read other blogs taking part in this Yop year or to take part yourself, check out our Ravelry group here.
My project page for this Yop year is relatively up to date but it can be read here.

My list looks something like this;

YOP – Year 4 – Jan 15/Jun 15 – list

Morvarch
Taliesin
Nine Maidens
Ocean Breeze
Kyna

miscellaneous </strong>:-

This entry was posted in Celtic Knits, Designs, Knitting, Year of projects and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Yop – year 4 week 29

1. dottyrobins says:

I’m sure the name will come to you in a flash of inspiration… Whilst you wait for that yarn delivery xx

Can’t wait to see the rest – it will settle on a name I’m sure. Hope your yarn gets to you quickly!

3. Love the yarn and the teaser shot! All those lovely spring-like blues make me think of nesting Robins!

4. You always come up with the greatest names for your projects…it will come to you in a flash of brilliance! I love the yarns you are using can you tell us what they are? I’m always at a loss in chosing yarns until I see what others are working with. Both are lovely!

5. Mrs P says:

Oooooo the teaser shot has me intrigued, hope your yarn wings it’s way to you ASAP 🙂

6. Marsha says:

I am excited to see both designs completed and posted. You are so talented. Designing scares me to death. But you have a true knack for it. I know you will have the most brilliant name for your new design.

That can be an inconvenience especially if you can’t just go and pick up another skein. However, this is a nice teaser.

8. kimmery4 says:

What a tease! That yarn is gorgeous, close up….and I really want to see that other one. Hurry up and arrive, please, yarn! I hope you have a wonderful week–oh, in case you couldn’t hear me screaming this afternoon, our Seahawks won the conference title and are now headed to the Super Bowl! (Didn’t you say that your brother follows us?)
    xoxoox

9. Iris says:

Oooh, what a tease! Can’t wait to see more of the new project, the glimpses we get here already look great! 🙂

10. Charne says:

The ‘sulking’ yarn turning beautiful ‘overnight’ I like the way it looks all knitted up. Looking forward to the reveal!