YOP – year 4 week 28

charly

Last Sunday saw the casting off of Fódhla.

With no interruptions of other projects for the week meant it was finished and off the needles. All it needs now is to be blocked. I’ve a new set of blocking wires on the way for that which hopefully will be here early this week.

Finishes always mean new starts.

Firstly I took this ball of yarn and started something new,

New Yarn

New Yarn

It obviously didn’t like what I started with it as it ended up being frogged back to a certain point 5 times, yes 5 after which I put it aside until such time as it wants to be knitted up, that may be later this week.

Out of the pile of new yarn I showed you last week I took these,

10891848_1384374025199020_1388761472218868823_n

and started a new project, it’s moving along well for only having started it at the end of the week.

New project

New project

Oh now you weren’t expecting me to show you a full colour shot now were you? Haha, that will be for the end. I will I fear be playing yarn chicken so I want to get this finished or as near to early in the week so I can get my hands on another ball of yarn.

This year my aim is to get a spinning wheel, so while I’m gathering the funds for that I need to keep practicing my drafting and using my drop spindle. I hope to spin some of this during this week also.

Spinning

Spinning

And there you have the yarny week that was and what will be.

Should you want to read other blogs taking part in this yop year or indeed to take part yourself check out the Ravelry group here.

My project page for all yop projects can be found here.

My list for this year looks like this;

YOP – Year 4 – Jan 15/Jun 15 – list

8. Morvarch
  9. Taliesin
  10. Nine Maidens
  11. Ocean Breeze
  12. Kyna

miscellaneous :-

This entry was posted in Celtic Knits, Designs, Knitting, Spinning, Year of projects and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to YOP – year 4 week 28

1. dottyrobins says:

Ruth I’m really loving your photos lately… They do really inspire me xx

2. gracey says:

Well I hope it wants to be something else soon…and works this time….good luck

Looking forward to seeing the second project! I wonder what the yarn wants to be, if anyone can coax it along, it will be you!

4. silkandwool says:

The new yarn is so lovely, I really like blue and brown combination. And the wool for spinning is also really nice. One if the things I’d love to try is spinning. Still gathering my spirits to dive into it.

5. kimmery4 says:

Some yarn just doesn’t want to cooperate! I hope you settle on something with it as it is a lovely color combination. I am also very curious to see what the blue and golden colored yarns will be–that is a combination I really love. I have several wips going and hope to finish at least two of them this week, because there are so many new things I want to try. Just not enough times-and with that, I am off to put finishing touches on dinner!
    xoxox

I like that dark denim wash your yarn has. You will inspire me to get off of my duff and get a pattern out one day. Trying to finish up a few things first.

7. meisie says:

….ahhh a frogged ball if yarn is a sad sight…it is begging to become something I’m sure!

8. Keri says:

I love the spinning fibre! I’ve been eying my latest batt thinking that it needs to be spun up really soon. Have a great week.

I love this fiber, it was one I had specially dyed for me and the lady who did the dying knew exactly what I was after straight away so made it easy, maybe a tad too easy.

9. Iris says:

I love the colour of the wool your are spinning – gorgeous!