YOP- Year4 week 27

charly

I’ve spent this week working on Fódhla. I’ve not felt the need to chop and change projects at least for now anyway. I am now at the stage of adding on the border and it is over half way added on. I am expecting it to be cast off this week. It may or may not make it to the blocking mats but considering I picked it up just a week ago to work on it I’m quite happy with that. Of course I’m not going to give a full glory shot, that will have to wait for its reveal but here is a teaser.

Fódhla

Fódhla

When I’ve not been knitting I have been getting two designs I worked on over the Christmas period ready for printing up so I can work on the samples of them. These are some new yarns I took delivery of just before Christmas, they are destined for these samples.

New Yarns

New Yarns

I’ve also been working on the numbers for a design for this yarn. Most of the time I seem to be working on maths and numbers which is odd as I much prefer working with words than with numbers but you can’t design in words now can you? haha

New Yarn

New Yarn

To read other blogs taking part in this yop year or to take part yourself, check out the Ravelry group here.

My project page can be read here with notes on completed projects so far this year.

My list looks something like this;

YOP – Year 4 – Jan 15/Jun 15 – list

8. Morvarch
  9. Taliesin
  10. Nine Maidens
  11. Ocean Breeze
  12. Kyna

miscellaneous :-

This entry was posted in Celtic Knits, Designs, Knitting, Year of projects and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to YOP- Year4 week 27

1. Gracey says:

Math – the reason I’ll never design….good luck with it all….

2. Marsha says:

Your creative juices are flowing again! Am anxious to see what you will have flying off your hooks/needles soon.

3. dottyrobins says:

Love the teaser photo, that yarn is a beautiful colour xx

4. Love the yarns and plans!

Oh just the border looks great, looking forward to seeing the whole thing. And the new yarn looks lovely and squishy!

Can’t wait to see your latest design in its full glory as I know it’s steeped in Irish history.

7. mmmyc6 says:

Love the look of the design you are working on! U r so talented!! And you have some pretty yummy yarn lined up for other designs too!

8. kimmery4 says:

Look at you! A quite proper designer. 🙂 I love the teaser picture and really want to see more! Your comment on my blog about your brother following our Seahawks made me laugh. I always feel like the rest of the world pretty much ignores our American football. Our team is pretty darn exciting to watch right now though…. I did love Downton last night–do you watch that series too?
    xoxoo

He’s into all kinds of sports and last year when you all made the Superbowl is when I realised he’d been watching you all along and I hear him talking about your team again this year. It makes me smile to think about it really. Yes I watch Downton but we have to wait now for the next series.

9. Iris says:

Really looking forward to seeing Fodhla all finished!