YOP – Year 4 week 18

charly

With it now into November here is a look at the October finishes.

Fotor110273156

Lots of small items finished in October along with two designs of mine that I had on the go.  Ériu you already knew about and read about here but there in the middle you’ll spot Equinox which has some quick photos taken. It does need to be photographed up at the Equinox Stone it was inspired by but that will need to wait until I have the use of both my legs for the climb up.

Here is close up picture of Equinox and you can read about it here in yesterday’s post.

Equinox

Equinox

This last week I also finished off those dinky little tea light holders I made some of about a two months ago. Here are some pictures of those and my notes for the project are here.

Tea Light Holders

Tea Light Holders

Tea Light Holders

Tea Light Holders

Those were both of the finishes that I had this week.

Projects I worked on that moved a few steps closer to being finished were,

Elizabeth’s Miss Marple cardigan which now has one sleeve complete, considering I was aiming to get as far as starting a sleeve this past week this is good. It leaves one sleeve and the neck and button bands to do. If I pushed it I’m sure I could complete that this week, it’s all about whether I have that push or not this week, let’s see.

My notes so far on it can be found here.

Miss Marple

Miss Marple

I’ve also finished the centre parts of the squares I want for Caoimhe’s Blanket, The Lavender Blanket and have now moved on to adding on the next few rows to those squares. I have some plainer squares of a different pattern I want to add to this blanket so once I have the extra rows added to these centres I’ll do some of the plainer squares so I can aim for having both types of squares the same size once finished.

My notes on this can be read here.

The Lavender Blanket

The Lavender Blanket

My project notes for all this YOP year can be found and read here.

To read other blogs taking part or to take part yourself in YOP year (it’s never too late in the year to start) you can read all about it here.

Hopefully this week my article will go live and I’ll post about that here then including a link to where you can read the article. I’ll also show you the finished object pictures. I have been working away on the second article piece.

My YOP project list looks like this,

YOP- Year 4- Jul 14/Jun 15- List

Garments :-

1. Sunday Sweater for Caoimhe – started 5th July 14- finished 2nd August 14
  2. Miss Marple for Elizabeth – started 11th September 14
  3. Eole for girls for Evelyn – started 19th August 14 – finished 13th September 14
  4. Gathering Stripes for Ruairí

1. Flowing Uphill – started 4th July 14- finished 29th July 14
  2. Equinox  – started 6th July 14- finished 31st October 14
  3. Secret Project – started 23rd August 14
  4. Ériu – started 26th August 14 – finished 18th October 14

Gifts :-

• Rainbow Blankets x 3-
  •                     a. – Rainbow Squares – started 2nd August 14 – finished 17th August 14
  •                     b. – Rainbow Corners – started 20th August 14 – finished 13th September 14
  •                     c. –  Rainbow Chevrons – started 15th September 14 –finished 1st October14
  • Dishcloth sets x 6 –
  •  a. – Vintage Strawberry Ruffle Set – started 14th July 14 – finished 20th September 14
  •  b. – Mint Stripe Cloths – started 21st September 14 – finished 29th September 14
  •  c. – Mint Cloths – started 1st October 14 – finished 4th October 14
  •  d. – Sunshine Cloths – started 5th October 14 – finished 13th October 14
  •  e. – Minty Fresh Cloths – started 13th October 14 – finished 16th October 14
  •   f. –  Cool Blue Cloths – started 20th October 14 – finished 23rd October 14
  • Baby Blanket
  • Purple, Black and Cream Blanket
  • Apple Ruffle Cloth – started 7th July 14 – finished 8th July 14
  • Tea Light Holders – started 20th August 14 – finished 31st October 14

Article Tutorials :-

Ruth x

This entry was posted in Celtic Knits, Crochet, Designs, Finished object, Knitting, Year of projects and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to YOP – Year 4 week 18

1. dottyrobins says:

I love your October finishes put into a photo collection of the month… some lovely finishes Ruth and well done on equinox again x

2. Lily Razz says:

Love the tealight holders, they’re sooo cute!! And I can’t believe how you quickly you seem to keep pumping out designs, kuddos on that!

Thank you, these two were just worked along side each other but have been in the works awhile, I can’t guarantee the next two will come out so quick 🙂

3. Marsha says:

Your October finishes are great. You always amaze me with how much you complete knowing that you have a houseful of active children and a husband and animals to take care of. Do you ever sleep? Tealight holders are such a lovely little project to do and really spruce up the candle holders. The sweater is so pretty. Love that color. Can hardly wait to see the Lavender blanket when it starts to be put together.

Thank you, I pretty much only have a few hours sleep and do chores early in the morning before everyone is up so it frees up most of the day and evening for the children/husband/animals and projects, it seems to work for me 😀 I love the little tea light holders, I’m always lighting them so it just adds a little something to them.

4. iknead2knit says:

As usual, I’m in awe!

I love Miss Marple – I may have said that before!! Equinox is lovely, looking forward to seeing the pictures next to the stone.

Thank you and yes I can’t wait until I can get up there myself for phototgraphs, if nothing else to get out in the fresh air for a good walk.

6. All lovely. I really like the little tea light holders. I guess the yarn is enough to insulate the tabletop from the heat of the burning candle? They look so great lit!

7. gracey says:

Nice job on everything..the tea lights are cute….

8. mmmyc6 says:

The montage at the beginning is amazing! I love the Equinox Cowl… Not usually the kind if cowl I would normally take one… But I could be swayed 😉

9. Your collage of monthly finishes is a great idea but mine would only have one square filled probably so I guess I won’t bother. LOL! But I love yours!
    Here’s “the push” you were asking for now give me one back. Ha!Ha!
    I spotted your new design right away and it is killer! I love it and I don’t think it’s easy to do those circles is it? Beautiful design!
    The sweater is so pretty and you’ve gotten lots done on it. Just be careful with the tea light holders…maybe battery operated would be safer? But you can’t beat real candlelight.
    I’ve already told you how much I love your dish cloths…they are perfect for a trio.
    The blanket is going to be so pretty. I always love everything you do. Have a great week and I hope you are healing fast. Hugs!

Those circle/spirals are the symbol I wanted to caputre most. They are my far my most favourite symbol so I was very pleased when they came out.

The thought of a beloved child cuddled up in the blanket handmade by her mum is priceless. Or envisioning a child protected invisibly by her mum’s hands via a knitted gansey is a beautiful thing.