To work a treble crochet,
1. Begin with a foundation chain.
2. Wrap the yarn over the hook.
3. Insert the hook from front to back into the fourth chain from the hook.
4. Yarn over the hook again.
5. Pull the yarn through the chain stitch or first loop on the hook only, leaving three loops on the hook.
6. Yarn over the hook again.
8. Yarn over the hook one last time.
9. Pull the yarn through the two remaining loops on the hook, leaving you with one remaining loop on the hook and a completed treble crochet stitch.
10. Continue along the row working one treble crochet into each chain stitch.
At the end of the row turn, chain 3 stitches which count as your first treble crochet stitch on the new row. Miss the first stitch and work a treble crochet into each stitch made on the previous row. The last treble crochet on the row is worked into the top of the turning chain.