YOP – Year 4 week 10

charly

This week has been a week of settling back into school routines and getting used to everyday whizzing past in a flurry of activity. Some days this week when I blinked I think I may have missed something so getting some time in the evenings to work on a project has been wonderfully relaxing.

The first project worked on this week was Eole for Evelyn. It is now off the needles and just requires blocking which will happen later today and some buttons with the ends sewn in. It will be ready for the Autumn this week if I make it to my LYS this week.

Eole for Evelyn

Eole for Evelyn

I’ve also been working on the Rainbow Corners Blanket, I’m not decreasing on both sides so I’m expecting this last bit to come together quite quickly. This I am hoping to be finished by next weekend.

Rainbow Corners Blanket.

Rainbow Corners Blanket.

I’ve been steadily working away on Ériu this week and the secret project but as I can’t show you anything yet lets not dwell on those.

My project page on Ravelry is update with notes and pictures of all wips and can be found here and if you want to read other blogs participating in the yop year or to join in you can find the group here.

My list this week looks like;

YOP- Year 4- Jul 14/Jun 15- List

1. Flowing Uphill – started 4th July 14- finished 29th July 14
  2. Equinox Stone – started 6th July 14
  3. Secret Project – started 23rd August 14
  4. Ériu – started 26th August 14

Gifts :-

• Rainbow Blankets x 3-
  •                                               a. – Rainbow Squares – started 2nd August 14 – finished 17th August 14
  •                                               b. – Rainbow Corners – started 20th August 14
  • Dishcloth sets x 6 –
  •                                         a. – Vintage Strawberry Ruffle Set – started 14th July 14
  • Baby Blanket
  • Purple, Black and Cream Blanket
  • Apple Ruffle Cloth – started 7th July 14 – finished 8th July 14
  • Tea Light Holders – started 20th August 14

Ruth x

This entry was posted in Crochet, Knitting, Year of projects and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to YOP – Year 4 week 10

The Eole is gorgeous, I love the colours. And the rainbow blanket is fabulous (like the rest!) it will be lovely and cheerful on a winter day/evening.

2. dottyrobins says:

Lovely c2c rainbow blanket… Those colours just make me smile 😊

3. mmmyc6 says:

Love love love Eole! And I am so very impressed by the c2c rainbow blanket 😉

4. Mrs P says:

WOW love the rainbow blanket 🙂

5. Wow the rainbow blanket looks great! So bright! I’d be afraid to go to a LYS for buttons – as likely as not I’d come home with yarn instead 🙂

6. Renee Anne says:

The blanket is making me want to learn to crochet properly……but not enough to concentrate on it (too many other things happening) 🙂

I love the construction of the blanket. It makes hooking it more interesting, rather than going back and forth over and over again. I love how you’ve put a matching border to the heathered body.

8. Oh, Ruth, the sweater turned out lovely and I can’t wait to see the buttons you choose for it. Of course, I can’t wait to see the finished item on her too. I am nuts over that blanket…too cute and it looks like a fun project. You’re doing so well on your list and I am reminded I need to update mine. It is a busy time of year especially for you with the family going back to school and getting all the supplies etc. Busy and expensive I imagine. I’ll try to get over during the week. I have to put your blog in my list….I need reminders constantly! LOL! Enjoy your week.

I’ve put all those I need to visit on bloglovin so I have a reminder of course that just doesn’t quite solve the problem of having time to check in on bloglovin but at least they are there in one place 🙂

9. Marsha says:

Both of your projects are fantastic. The sweater is so sweet and I just know you will find the perfect buttons for it. The C2C is so bright and cheerful. It will brighten up any gloomy day. I too use bloglovin. It is the best thing I have done in a long time. I can get to my most visited blogs so quickly that way.

10. silkandwool says:

Great projects! I’m really getting into this blog-a-long , it’s cool to see how all the various projects grow with time 🙂

11. Iris says:

Lovely update. Both Eole and the Rainbow Corners Blanket look beautiful!

12. Jenny says:

I love the cardigan, purple is my favourite colour.