YOP- Year 4 week 7

charly

This week has been a hodge podge of available time for working on projects. Some days it’s been late evening when I get to work on a project other days I’ve had most of the day. This is our last week before the children start heading off back to school, Dominic has two induction days one at the end of this week and that means this week I need to finish all those back to school chores I’ve been putting off in favour of crafting time.

On Monday we headed off to the beach, now as we live in the middle of the country this means a drive and really East or West it’s pretty much equal time. This time though I opted for something different and headed North West to Sligo and the Enniscrone beach. I’ve a cousin who lives up there (can’t tell you how I envy where she lives) so we met up with her and generally had a ball.

Enniscrone Beach

Enniscrone Beach

Family Balance

Family Balance

Project wise this week though I did photograph and release my Flowing Uphill cowl, which is now for sale in my Ravelry store here.

I’m really excited about having this pattern out, it’s been one in my thoughts for some time and it really is easier than it looks, even my testers were surprised and the story also is true.

Flowing Uphill

Flowing Uphill

I also got some shots of Caoimhe’s Sunday Sweater which came off the blocking mats on Monday, just in time for the shawl to go on them 🙂

I need to do a FO post for this also during the week.

Caoimhe's Sunday Sweater

Caoimhe’s Sunday Sweater

I’ve been working pretty much non stop on the Rainbow Squares Blanket with all the pieces now joined and the border is started. I’m hoping to finish that off today. For the border I’m using  ayarnyrobin ‘s bobble tutorial.

This week should see a FO post for this.

Rainbow Squares Blanket Rainbow Trio #1

Rainbow Squares Blanket Rainbow Trio #1

I’ve also pretty much been working on Drops of Firelight and this will be the last time for it to be pictured on the needles. I’ve a couple of more rows and a ton of beads to put on and then I can bind off, block and wear, just in time for the Autumn.

Drops of Firelight Shawl

Drops of Firelight Shawl

Today I’m hoping to get both the Rainbow Squares Blanket and the Drops of Firelight finished, meaning tomorrow can be a day of new starts, I like starting off the week with new starts, who am I kidding – I just like new starts.

Haven taken a look back at my mini list for August and seeing as we have only two weeks left in August I’ve had to review it to what will be possible to get done.

AUGUST MINI LIST

• Eole for Girls for Evelyn ETA – will cast on this week with the hope it won’t take long
  • Drops of Firelight shawl- wip ETA – being cast off hopefully today and with luck on the blocking mats by end of the week
  • Kir Royale ETA – Will work on Eole first then see what time remains this month, if it becomes a WIP that will be good
  • Sam Entrelac Blanket- wip ETA – won’t be worked on with the rainbow blankets taking preference
  • Swatch and cast on for a new Celtic Knit design ETA – should finish the swatch this week, then to work on numbers
  • Trio of Rainbow Blankets ETA – First one should be done today, second to be cast on this week
  • Last cloth in the Vintage Strawberry Ruffle Cloth ETA – this doesn’t seem likely this month even now.

So it looks like this week I’m finishing up the last of this weeks projects and casting on the Eole cardigan for Evelyn and starting the second Rainbow Blanket.

I’m also doing some FO posts this week on Caoimhe’s Sunday Sweater and the first rainbow blanket – Rainbow Squares.

In other not so important news, my husband converted over a den the children were no longer using into a design space for me. I can head out there now to the peace and quiet and work on ideas that have been swimming round in my head, if you’re hooked up with me on Facebook you will see random check ins from the Design Den as I’ve affectionately called it and my faithful dogs (Jasper and Dexter) who come with me everywhere and sit in the doorway guarding it. It needs some crochet colour in it now and then I do believe it may just be perfect.

Let’s hope many a design that comes out of there that inspire people to knit or crochet.

If you want to read more about the YOP group or read other blogs taking part then do check out the group on Ravelry here.

My project page is up to date (hoping to keep that up!) and can be found here.

My list for the year as always is updated and looks like this;

YOP- Year 4- Jul 14/Jun 15- List

11. Superhero Dreamcatcher Afghan
  12. Tetris Blanket

Designs :-

1. Flowing Uphill – started 4th July 14- finished 29th July 14
  2. Equinox Stone – started 6th July 14

Gifts :-

1. Dishcloth sets x 6 – a. – Vintage Strawberry Ruffle Set – started 14th July 14
  2. Rainbow Blankets x 3- a. – Rainbow Squares – started 2nd August 14
  3. Baby Blanket
  4. Purple, Black and Cream Blanket
  5. Apple Ruffle Cloth – started 7th July 14 – finished 8th July 14

Ruth x

This entry was posted in Celtic Knits, Crochet, Family, Finished object, Knitting, Year of projects and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to YOP- Year 4 week 7

1. Kim sabel says:

You are always so busy Ruth and still seem to get such a lot of crafting done. I’m in love with your Flowing Uphill Cowl and will be asking my darling for the pattern as part of my birthday gift in September.

Lovely photo’s of your day at the beach you’re cousin’s very lucky to have such a pretty beach on her doorstep. Good luck with getting your finishes done next week………and I would love to see pictures of your new Den.

2. Selena Rea says:

Beautiful projects…and what a thoughtful man you have! The design den sounds heavenly 🙂

3. Renee Anne says:

I’m still amazed how much you get done with all the children in your house! I feel like I can’t get squat done with the one I have (and the one on the way).

I have to wonder, not being from Ireland, are the beaches warm there? People always talk about how lovely the beaches are here in California…and that may be true for southern California but up here, they’re great to visit but I wouldn’t be caught dead in that cold water!

No they are cold cold cold and the teeth were chattering a bit but once I got swimming and moving I warmed up, it’s never warm here in Ireland, a heat wave where no one can move or do anything is about 28C which to most of you is freezing haha.
      Well now you see I’m doing the same things as you are just more often and the only way I get things done is by beng an early riser, I’m up after 6am every morning and most jobs are done by the time everyone else rises.

4. dottyrobins says:

Ruth, yet again I am amazed at the progress you make each week… really looking forward to seeing your rainbow blanket being completed with those lovely little bobbles!

It’s awesome looking even if I say so myself, your tutorial was brilliant, easy to follow with good instructions, the blanket was finished at lunchtime.

5. Everyone likes new starts! It’s that perfect moment when the project might still be every single thing you hope and envision 🙂 Caoihme’s sweater is just beautiful! The yellow buttons are the perfect touch!

How lovely to have a designing den! What a sweet husband you have. I love your cowl design. The new cardigan is so pretty. What a sweet mamma you are – of course. How fun to drive and spend some time at the beach.

I love new starts too!! Love the rainbow blanket and the shawl is going to be beautiful. The holidays seem to pass quicker each year 😦 Your new craft space sounds devine!

8. Marsha says:

The Sunday Sweater is fantastic and I adore the yellow buttons. They really make it pop!. The rainbow blanket is great and will be so nice an addition to any room you put it in. I am intrigued by the uphill number. I might just have to have a go at that one. I have not done much with color changing and that looks like it would just be the one that would help me learn that technique. Your shawl is adorable and the addition of all the beads really makes it so special. Looks like your day at the beach was enjoyed by one and all. Can not wait to see what is coming up from you next week.

9. Movin” on up! Your own design studio…you deserve it and how nice of hubby to transform it for you. I am loving the new pattern and will definitely have to put it on my list for next year. It turned out beautiful.
    Your daughter’s sweater is so sweet and I love the yellow buttons….they really set off the purple.
    I want to make one of those rainbow blankets. What a great project to use up leftovers but also easier than changing colors so often with the regular granny square.
    I may have to make one of those shawls as it is so gorgeous…I adore it and you’ve done just a wonderful job on it per usual.

10. gracey says:

Congratulations on the pattern release….I think it’s very pretty……and love the sweater! Again amazed at the shawl…I just think it is beautiful……

11. silkandwool says:

I love the sweater and am looking forward to see the blanket and the shawl finished! Lovely projects.

12. Jessica says:

I love the rainbow blanket! The colours are fantastic!

13. Love the yarn for the Drops of… shawl! So beautiful!!

And woohoo!! Go you for finishing the blanket! It’s awesome! 🙂

14. Lily Razz says:

It looks so wonderful at the beach! And that cowl is amazing, superpretty! I like new starts too, so I’m happy I added lots of small projects to my YoP list 🙂 Good luck with finishing all the back to school chores!

15. Iris says:

Oh wow, I don’t even know where to start! Such a collection of beautiful FOs! I LOVE the cowl. That one is definitely going on my ravelry queue. And Caoimhe is looking lovely too. Can’t wait for a proper FO post so I can have a closer look at her. 🙂

Really loving your projects – looking forward to seeing more of them.

PS: the new blog template looks great!