This week has been a hodge podge of available time for working on projects. Some days it’s been late evening when I get to work on a project other days I’ve had most of the day. This is our last week before the children start heading off back to school, Dominic has two induction days one at the end of this week and that means this week I need to finish all those back to school chores I’ve been putting off in favour of crafting time.
On Monday we headed off to the beach, now as we live in the middle of the country this means a drive and really East or West it’s pretty much equal time. This time though I opted for something different and headed North West to Sligo and the Enniscrone beach. I’ve a cousin who lives up there (can’t tell you how I envy where she lives) so we met up with her and generally had a ball.
I’m really excited about having this pattern out, it’s been one in my thoughts for some time and it really is easier than it looks, even my testers were surprised and the story also is true.
I also got some shots of Caoimhe’s Sunday Sweater which came off the blocking mats on Monday, just in time for the shawl to go on them 🙂
I need to do a FO post for this also during the week.
I’ve been working pretty much non stop on the Rainbow Squares Blanket with all the pieces now joined and the border is started. I’m hoping to finish that off today. For the border I’m using ayarnyrobin ‘s bobble tutorial.
This week should see a FO post for this.
I’ve also pretty much been working on Drops of Firelight and this will be the last time for it to be pictured on the needles. I’ve a couple of more rows and a ton of beads to put on and then I can bind off, block and wear, just in time for the Autumn.
Today I’m hoping to get both the Rainbow Squares Blanket and the Drops of Firelight finished, meaning tomorrow can be a day of new starts, I like starting off the week with new starts, who am I kidding – I just like new starts.
Haven taken a look back at my mini list for August and seeing as we have only two weeks left in August I’ve had to review it to what will be possible to get done.
AUGUST MINI LIST
- Eole for Girls for Evelyn ETA – will cast on this week with the hope it won’t take long
- Drops of Firelight shawl- wip ETA – being cast off hopefully today and with luck on the blocking mats by end of the week
- Kir Royale ETA – Will work on Eole first then see what time remains this month, if it becomes a WIP that will be good
- Sam Entrelac Blanket- wip ETA – won’t be worked on with the rainbow blankets taking preference
- Swatch and cast on for a new Celtic Knit design ETA – should finish the swatch this week, then to work on numbers
- Trio of Rainbow Blankets ETA – First one should be done today, second to be cast on this week
- Last cloth in the Vintage Strawberry Ruffle Cloth ETA – this doesn’t seem likely this month even now.
So it looks like this week I’m finishing up the last of this weeks projects and casting on the Eole cardigan for Evelyn and starting the second Rainbow Blanket.
I’m also doing some FO posts this week on Caoimhe’s Sunday Sweater and the first rainbow blanket – Rainbow Squares.
In other not so important news, my husband converted over a den the children were no longer using into a design space for me. I can head out there now to the peace and quiet and work on ideas that have been swimming round in my head, if you’re hooked up with me on Facebook you will see random check ins from the Design Den as I’ve affectionately called it and my faithful dogs (Jasper and Dexter) who come with me everywhere and sit in the doorway guarding it. It needs some crochet colour in it now and then I do believe it may just be perfect.
Let’s hope many a design that comes out of there that inspire people to knit or crochet.
If you want to read more about the YOP group or read other blogs taking part then do check out the group on Ravelry here.
My project page is up to date (hoping to keep that up!) and can be found here.
My list for the year as always is updated and looks like this;
YOP- Year 4- Jul 14/Jun 15- List
Sunday Sweater for Caoimhe– started 5th July 14- finished 2nd August 14
- Miss Marple for Elizabeth
- Eole for girls for Evelyn
- Gathering Stripes for Ruairí
- Gathering Stripes for Benjamin
- Featherweight wrap to knit
- Old Romance
- Old Town
- Drops of Firelight – started 31st October 13
- Sonetto Shawl
- Kir Royale
- Dark Champagne
- Nine Maidens
- Ocean Breeze
Crochet Blankets :-
Rose Gingham Blanket– started 19th May 14- finished 27th July 14 Flanders Poppies Blanket– started 18th April 14 – finished 26th July 14
- Sam Entrelac Blanket – started 27th June 14
- Hills of Home Blanket – started 19th April 14
- Lavender Blanket
- Dahlia Blanket
- Sunflower Blanket
- Blackberry Salad Stripe Blanket
- African Flower Blanket
- Crayon Blanket
- Superhero Dreamcatcher Afghan
- Tetris Blanket
- Dishcloth sets x 6 – a. – Vintage Strawberry Ruffle Set – started 14th July 14
- Rainbow Blankets x 3- a. – Rainbow Squares – started 2nd August 14
- Baby Blanket
- Purple, Black and Cream Blanket
Apple Ruffle Cloth– started 7th July 14 – finished 8th July 14