YOP Year 3 Update

YoPBanner_zps83dd3114

I sat down this morning to write the update and I was at a bit of a loss thinking about what projects I’d worked on this week.

I know  I’ve been working on different projects all week but have they made any real visible progress?

I don’t think so, I didn’t even snap any pictures of them,

but lets start and see what has been done.

I’ve been spinning this week and with a full spindle it was time to take it off and set it. I went back to you tube and my notes on what to do and started. It is now currently drying. What I have discovered is that I’ve a tad too much spin only in certain places and my mentor in spinning, Jean she is the most wonderfully patient woman who answers all my q’s and there are a great many! , well she suggested I try plying it and it should balance itself out. This week so I’m going to spin more with a view to plying it with this one.

Both setting yarn and plying are totally new skills to learn but then so is spinning. It is such an interesting skill and I’m loving every moment.

The other project with the most amount of progress made on is a pattern. One not even planned but inspiration struck last Sunday/Monday and I wrote it up, made a sample and it’s now gone to be tested. I am hoping to release it this week so keep an eye out on the blog, I shall give it a post and in my Ravelry store (another something to learn how to set up)

I have also been doodling very loosely the idea of two shawls which I need to work out numbers and pattern repeats on. I want to drop everything and work them out and see but I must hold off and at least finish something, dang it.

I completed 24 squares for the Flanders Poppies blanket with the black centres worked up for 6 more squares. I shall have to do some more centres and get to work on the remainder squares.

I also did a couple of rows on by Drops of Firelight shawl but not much, I did want to get more done but I’ve been working away steadily on the cross stitch piece (update on that tomorrow) for my parents anniversary.

So you see not a lot done and not enough to snap photos of, hopefully next week I’ll have more of an update and pictures to boot.

Updates this week on the anniversary piece and fingers crossed on having a new pattern released.

This entry was posted in Crochet, Knitting, Spinning, Year of projects and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to YOP Year 3 Update

Sounds as though you have done loads! Can’t wait to see the results of your spinning – that sounds very exciting. Also looking forward to seeing the anniversary sampler and will keep an eye on the blog for the new pattern.

2. Christine says:

What a funny experience reading your post without pictures! Does sound like you did make suitable progress though?

You’ve got a lot going on. Sometimes it’s another thing to have to snap pics. Happy Mama’s Day! Hope you’re getting spoiled rotten.

Happy mother’s day to you, I forgot about it being Mothers Day in the US, we had it in March and I had a wonderful day so I wish the very same to you 🙂

4. kimmery4 says:

Lots of great stuff happening at your house! I have terrible startitis lately–I have not finished an item since March! Looking forward to seeing your new pattern….
    xxoxoxo

5. Lily Razz says:

Sounds like you did a lot actually! It’s fun to read about your adventure in spinning, and how nice to have a mentor that can help you when you’re at a bit of a loss (next to youtube of course!) Definitely will keep an eye out for that new pattern of yours! 🙂

6. You’ve got lots going on 🙂 I sat down to design a sock, started test knitting it and then was hit by inspiration for a totally different sock design. So I’m right there with you – I want to cast on all things and now I must control myself to finish what’s already started. Well it’s motivation for finishing things, isn’t it!

7. Jessica says:

What fiber are you spinning? Reading this post makes me want to dig out my wheel and do some spinning!

8. I’m just amazed at your progress especially in the spinning. It might be on my list next YOP. Good going on all the rest too….it’s a very busy time of year for all I think. Have a productive week as you always do!

9. Renee Anne says:

When you get to the point of washing your handspun (after you’ve plied it), give it a couple thwacks while it’s wet and hang it somewhere to dry. You probably won’t need a little weight on the end but a couple of extra hangers should do the trick.

Thank you 🙂 , did all that when setting it. Now just waiting for it to dry, that’s the hard bit, waiting 😉

I have weeks very often like yours when I’ve flitted between things, I’ve finished very little recently, and its hard to get on with some things. I’ve got a ripple which is for a baby born in march….agggghhy, I can’t believe I’ve been so disorganised. I’m knittinga cardi and I not interested in anything else, although its such a mammoth knit I probably won’t ever finish it! Have a great week.x