I sat down this morning to write the update and I was at a bit of a loss thinking about what projects I’d worked on this week.
I know I’ve been working on different projects all week but have they made any real visible progress?
I don’t think so, I didn’t even snap any pictures of them,
but lets start and see what has been done.
I’ve been spinning this week and with a full spindle it was time to take it off and set it. I went back to you tube and my notes on what to do and started. It is now currently drying. What I have discovered is that I’ve a tad too much spin only in certain places and my mentor in spinning, Jean she is the most wonderfully patient woman who answers all my q’s and there are a great many! , well she suggested I try plying it and it should balance itself out. This week so I’m going to spin more with a view to plying it with this one.
Both setting yarn and plying are totally new skills to learn but then so is spinning. It is such an interesting skill and I’m loving every moment.
The other project with the most amount of progress made on is a pattern. One not even planned but inspiration struck last Sunday/Monday and I wrote it up, made a sample and it’s now gone to be tested. I am hoping to release it this week so keep an eye out on the blog, I shall give it a post and in my Ravelry store (another something to learn how to set up)
I have also been doodling very loosely the idea of two shawls which I need to work out numbers and pattern repeats on. I want to drop everything and work them out and see but I must hold off and at least finish something, dang it.
I completed 24 squares for the Flanders Poppies blanket with the black centres worked up for 6 more squares. I shall have to do some more centres and get to work on the remainder squares.
I also did a couple of rows on by Drops of Firelight shawl but not much, I did want to get more done but I’ve been working away steadily on the cross stitch piece (update on that tomorrow) for my parents anniversary.
So you see not a lot done and not enough to snap photos of, hopefully next week I’ll have more of an update and pictures to boot.
Updates this week on the anniversary piece and fingers crossed on having a new pattern released.