This week has gone by in a flurry of family activity and very little craft work.
It took me all week to finish a Rose Burrow I was making in acrylic yarn. I was changing the eyes and just generally working with her in different materials to see the effect I would have. Thank you for your answers last week on the cotton v acrylic for ami’s.
My thoughts so far that although you may get a better stitch definition with the cotton I feel it will pill but perhaps at a slightly slower rate than the acrylic. I also find the cotton incredibly tough to work with over a prolonged period and some weeks I’ve been making ami’s non-stop so my hands and fingers are finding it tough. With the acrylic you will have pilling and probably much quicker than the cotton but when it comes to cuddly toys this I can’t help feeling gives them a loved, snuggled and cuddled look to them. The range of colours is huge in the acrylic and for making ami’s it is more cost effective. It is also easier to work with and more pliable. With ami’s in the house made from both cotton and acrylic I shall see how both fair out at the hands of little ones and then decide on the Cotton V Acrylic.
I also worked on my hat a little. It is my take out and about project and with meetings, quizzes and hair appts this week it was what I worked on here and there. I’ll take a picture for next week.
As for the blanket, I’ve been finishing threads. I was doing them as I went along in stages so haven’t got quite all of them but I have the last rounds of pink to tidy up. I’ve also decided to join with just a dc along the front, this if I’m remembering right from my cushion cover will give the squares a raised border round them, adding texture and dimension to the finished blanket. Let’s hope I get those pesky threads out of the way this week.
This week I’m also hoping to write up a pattern or maybe two. I need to order a few colours today so while I wait for those I shall write patterns. That’s my main goal for this week.