YOP Year 3 Update

YoPBanner_zps83dd3114

This week has gone by in another blur of chicken pox with Evelyn and Benjamin coming down badly with them.

I’m glad we are heading out the other side of it now. Not much crochet work got done. I did get a Sam Burrow done up and sent out to a customer and I have been working out new designs on paper.

IMG_3798

My aunt shared a picture with me this past weekend of a toy my Grandmother, who is 90 now, knit over 20 years ago for my cousin. Even now after all the loving it would have received it’s in mint condition, just showing the lasting power of handmade.

I’d like to think some of mine would last this well after getting many cuddles and lots of love.

1662670_10201980034875161_2063549654_n

I’m going to try to replicate it and I’ll start with some Jean Greenhowe patters as I suspect it may be one of her patterns my Gran used.

Looking forward to seeing what all the other yopers have been creating this week.

Ruth x .

This entry was posted in Crochet, Finished object, Year of projects and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to YOP Year 3 Update

1. Christine says:

Hand made really does stand the test of time doesn’t it? So nice that your aunt shared that with you!

2. Gracey says:

So cute! I’d love to test crochet any new patterns, if you need testers……and we have had the flu going around our school..finally had a full set of students on Thursday and Friday..

3. I hope your poorly children feel better soon. Chicken pox is horrible.

Gorgeous Sam! You obviously inherited the cracking crafter gene.

I’m glad you are coming out the other side from the pox!! Hopefully, this week will be much better. It’s lovely to share a bit of history, I can’t wait to see what you do with the pattern. Your traybake yesterday made me get my Mary Berry out – I don’t know if that is good or bad!!

5. Sam Burrow is sure to get lots of love. What a darling little doll your Grandmother made. As soon as I saw it I thought of Jean Greenhowe too. Morag MacScarecrow, maybe?

How cool this clown is still in mint condition! She did a wonderful job.

7. Oh, those poor babies….I always hate it when they’re sick. It just breaks your heart and you want them better and running around again creating havoc like normal that is until they do and then you try and remember what it was like when they were sick. So glad they’re on the mend as it ‘s very tiring for the caretaker!
    I love your Grandmother’s hand knit. Amazing it is in such great shape and how sweet is that. Now we know where you got your talent. Love Mr. Sam, of course.

8. kimmery4 says:

Oh Ruth! What a treasure from your Gran and how amazingly it has held up. I absolutely can’t wait to see your version! I am sorry you still have the spots in your house but happy they are seeing the other side of it. It is a nasty thing and makes them so miserable. At least they can only get them once! I hope this week is calmer and you can feel more productive—
    xoxxoo

9. iknead2knit says:

Poor babies -chicken pox are awful!

10. Oh my gosh, the toy your grandmother made is adorable. I still have bears my grandmother crocheted for me over 30 years ago.