Yarn Along

It has been some weeks from I’ve joined in with Ginny and her yarn along.

I have been reading over the past few months and I am long overdue a book update on the blog but things are just so hectic at the moment eeking out the time for a blog update just doesn’t seem to be happening.

What I am reading at the moment is The Cuckoos Calling by Robert Galbraith.

This is J.K. Rowlings first step into the area of crime writing and I have to say so far I’m enjoying it so much more than The Casual Vacancy. I just didn’t enjoy that book at all, it was so long winded !! So it was with a slight bit of trepidation that I bought this book !

Hopefully it shall continue to be good.

On the needles at the moment are a variety of projects. I know when are there not.

A Flora McBunny is nearing completion and I have some samples I’m working on for the Christmas Fair I will be attending in December but what I can show you is the cowl I’ve been working on.

IMG_3517

It’s just a couple of rows short of completion. I have finally decided on a name for this design of mine and will reveal all when I reveal it later in the week on a blog post.

Ruth x

This entry was posted in Books, Knitting, Yarn Along and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Yarn Along

1. Renee Anne says:

See, now you’ve got me all worried. I liked A Casual Vacancy (once I got a bit more into it). I’m worried that I won’t like The Cuckoo’s Calling…I picked it up at the airport in Minneapolis on our way back to California from our trip home. I didn’t get a chance to read it, though, because we wound up having to take a later flight and, hence, got back later than we expected. ::sigh::

2. Annie says:

The cowl looks great so far! J K Rowling’s mystery is on my tbr pile and I’m looking forward to it. 🙂 I haven’t read the Casual Vacancy yet either – my dad said it was “better than Agatha Raisin but has much more swearing” which was an okay review from him, sorry it wasn’t quite your cup of tea.

3. Linda S says:

That cowl is really pretty Ruth.

Linda

I wanna see that cowl in action! It’s terrific. Male sure you charge well for that modern art.
    I think that book had high ratings on Goodreads. I couldn’t bring myself to read the vacancy one.

I did and it felt like the editor should have whopped at least 100 pages worth off it. The story was good but I felt it got lost in the minute detail of it all. Thank you on the cowl, couple of rows left today.

5. Sarah says:

Your cowl is so pretty! I love the colors. I also have been thinking about looking at that book so you’ll have to say whether you end up liking it or not in the end!