Soul Mate Finished

The shawl I was doing as part of Sarah from Crafts from the Cwtch shawl along is finished.

This is the second shawl, the first being the Leprechaun one you saw some weeks back.

The shawl along had been running for July and August and I’m a tad late in bringing this one to the finish post but it is my second shawl !

It was another Boo Knit shawl, this time the newly released Kindred Spirit.

I renamed mine Soul Mate after reading Bev’s into to the Kindred Spirit.

IMG_3416

I chose to work it in a dark pink Alpaca yarn, a yarn I love and can’t wait to use again and a white Mohair yarn, one I could quite happily not have to use again !  lol

IMG_3415

For the ends I chose to work in some beads. I’ve not attempted to add beads before but I love the look and effect they give.

IMG_3412

Once again Caoimhe came to my aid to do some modelling for me, I think at this stage she’s pretty perfect at it and knows just what I want and what look I’m after.

IMG_3417

IMG_3421

IMG_3418

This is such a warm and cosy shawl and compared to the Leprechaun will do through the autumn and I’m looking forward to wearing it already.

Ruth x

This entry was posted in Finished object, Knitting and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Soul Mate Finished

1. trpeters02 says:

Love it. And the beads are a nice accent!

2. Renee Anne says:

I’m not really a fan of the mohair either. It sticks to everything, including itself. I know some people just love it and I just can’t be in that category. It looks lovely 🙂

3. Linda S says:

Your daughter is a beautiful model. The shawl is pretty too.

Linda

4. Janet says:

Lovely shawl and model. The beaded edging is a great finish.

This is lovely! It’s an extraordinary design. You chose a great combination and I like how you put the beads in at those points. Your daughter is gorgeous!

6. Kim says:

Beautiful shawl, I hate knitting with mohair too. Your daughter makes a lovely model, my daughter used to model my knitted socks for me, but now she’s at the grand old age of 19 it’s no longer cool, lol.

7. Pingback: YOP Year 3 | ... my spare moments