YOP Year 3

YoPBanner_zps83dd3114

Well let’s get straight into it shall we ?

Work this week has moved at a steady pace, not as fast as previous weeks as now that the children are back to school our days are filled with preparations for school and pick ups but more on that in a separate post this week with pics of little ones starting school, so do check back for that.

I have no finishes so far this week but Flora McBunny will be done by tonight as I want to turn her in for a detention class in the Harry Potter HPKCHC.

IMG_3387

This is the start of the flower for Floras head and once done it shall be posted off to my friend as a present for her daughter.

IMG_3386

This is the start on the second side of the Sea-Foam tea cosy and once Flora is finished tonight I hope to finish this one up this week also.

IMG_3385

Soul Mate is a couple of rows off being finished. I delayed the last few rows as I was debating whether to mix in more of the mohair here or not. I decided not and am doing the border all in the dark pink (yes I know this week the yarn looks red, each week it looks a different colour!). I am going to add some beads at the very ends, or at least I’m going to try.

So with all of this happening this week I really am hoping for finishes with Flora being done later today and the other two projects should get done by end of week. That means new projects can be started !! I love when new projects can be thought about.

The new term in the HPKCHC has started today and I was sorted into the Gryffindor House, in case you were wondering what the new ravtar was about. Today I will be spending some time reading up on the classes and seeing what projects I have coming up that can fit in with those. I’m looking forward to getting stuck in this term and earning points.

I have written up the chart for my second cloth, the No 1 one and now I just need to write out the written instructions and pass it over to my test knitters to make sure it all works. Again this one will be free on my Ravelry account, all going well by the end of this coming week.

Our new addition is settling in well, he’s had his trip to the vets and the howling at night seems to have stopped so now we have the fun part, more pics of him in the family update early this week. If you can’t wait that long check him out here.

With all that in order this is how the list is looking, again with links to the project pages and notes.

SOCKS

CROCHET AFGHANS

THREAD CROCHET

Tea at Sundown

DESIGNS

Cupcake Delight Cloth

Ruth x

This entry was posted in Crochet, Knitting, Year of projects and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to YOP Year 3

1. mmmyc6 says:

Lots of great progress!

2. Now THAT is one widely spaced list, LOL! I enjoyed hearing about how the HPKCHC challenges work – I’ve seen mention of them on other blogs but never really understood how it works. If you need a Gryffindor house embroidered patch, PM me on Ravelry and I’ll pop one in the mail. I have extras from when a friend and I did scarves for Christmas 🙂

Thank you. You know each week I tighten up those spaces, it takes me a minute or so and I do it each week and then I publish my post and it goes like that ! There must be gremlins at play with my list, I am convinced of it !

Ooh this Harry Potter bit sounds so fun. But I can hardly keep up with the two memes I’ve joined already. So it’ll be fun to see what Gryffindorish projects you start.
    Glad everything is well with you.

Thank you. I’m fitting things in today into classes and it has been quite fun as well as stretching the mind to think out of the box, that’s not a bad thing either !

4. Ylva says:

Your projects look great, as always 🙂 I’m very intrigued bý this Harry Potter stuff, but at the same time I should NOT add anything more on top of what I already do. I’m a teacher myself and the school start is kind of stressful!

Does the HP thing start anew quite often? Maybe I could join at a later date 🙂

Yes a term lasts for three months so if you wanted now you could join the group and play as an NQFY, that’s a non qualifying first year, here you can learn the ropes and take part in classes, you won’t earn house points, obviously you not being sorted in a house but it gives you experience and there are no committments. In a house you must submit to one class each month, that’s the minimum requirement. You can always join and check out how things go. I am putting as much as what is on my list into classes so I’m not actually coming up with new projects.

I was wondering what the new ravatar was! All of your projects look great and the new puppy is gorgeous!

6. You still get way more done than me! LOL! So glad Jasper stopped howling….that’s hard to cope with when you need your sleep. I love your shawl especially with the mohair. I can’t wait to see the beads…luscious! You’re really doing great on your custom designs and orders. The tea cozy is going to be so pretty. I’m having a bit of a time with the bunny buddy crocheted version. I’m on the head portion and confused as it says not to join and not to turn! HUH? LOL! Maybe I can find someone that did the crochet one and see what they did. Woe is me! LOL! I have to go see the Harry Potter group….that sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck!

I love your second boo knits shawl, I liked the pattern when I saw it originally, but hadn’t thought of using a second colour. My second shawl is into the third section, but at the moment it just looks like a big blue scrunchy mess….hope blocking does wonders!

I don’t believe any of your stories about those gaps appearing, I reckon you’re trying to fool everyone into thinking you have a hugely long list….I know yourgame ;-p

Love, love, love your new litte dog, very cute, bet he’s keeping you all smiling!

8. Marsha says:

You may not have had any finishes to show but you have been a very busy lady. Great progress on all your WIP’s.

9. Oooh I love soul mate, I can’t wait to see it finished! And yay for Griffindor, I hope you’re happy with your house! I got sorted into Hufflepuff and I’m thrilled!