Boo KAL

This week after casting on my new shawl Soul Mate, I only managed to work on it one night.

IMG_3325

The pattern is the Kindred Spirit from Boo Knits. It is the newest shawl pattern and is such a beauty.

I’m knitting this in a dark pink alpaca and a white mohair.

I have 3 of the 12 sections complete here. I intend to do the 12 and then see if I need or want it any bigger. The delight in this pattern is I can just repeat the sections to give me a shawl to the size I require.

For others taking part in the KAL which ends at the end of August check out Sarah’s blog Crafts from the Cwtch and her Ravelry group.

Ruth. x

This entry was posted in KAL, Knitting and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Boo KAL

1. Those colours are so pretty! Can’t wait to see more of this. xx

2. Janet says:

Very pretty! It looks so soft and cozy. 🙂

3. Marsha says:

I really like the mix of the fibers you have chosen. I think it will make a stunning shawl.

What a lovely pop of color. I like how you’re striping and how you can make any size you want. That is clever. I’m likin’ crescent shawls so much more than triangular ones. You’ve made a terrific start, Ruth.

Thank you, it is a really quick and simple shawl, nice to work on in the evenings to unwind and last night’s work on it has seen it double from this picture.

5. Linda S says:

Hi Ruth. Love the new shawl. You asked about replies on the last comment you left. Any comments left on a blog post go to my email. That is way I reply to the comments. Your comment comes up as a (noreply). Maybe you can change it on your blog settings. Also, when I leave a comment on your post, I don’t go back to see if you have replied. Maybe you can set your comments to go to your email and reply from there. Just a suggestion.

Linda

Great start, lovely colours….I looked at kindred spirit too, I liked the simplicity of the design, I reckon I’ll make one sometime….he, he….reading other people’s blogs is a dangerous game!

Thank you, it is growing so quickly you really would love it. It is isn’t it, you get to many ideas and you mark them done and suddenly you have a list of to do projects and not enough time, or at least thats how it is in my case.