Fern Cowl

IMG_3302

Last week I cast on this Botanical Cowl pattern.

I called this Fern as the yarn colour reminded me so much of the ferns I see on my walks to the forest.

IMG_3303

I had a ball of Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend that was being used for a scarf that was languishing in the wip pile and it seemed such a shame not to use such a wonderful yarn. I had fallen out of love with the scarf pattern !

IMG_3305

My Mom’s birthday is coming up in September and with trying to be super organised I decided to get her present done early. Green is her favourite colour so the cowl pattern and yarn just worked hand in hand to turn out into this wonderful cowl.

IMG_3307

I cast on the bigger size on 4mm needles and had it done in two evenings. I did have the aid of two films. The first evening Pride and Prejudice and the handsome Colin Firth as Mr Darcy helped it along more than half way ! The second evening P.S. I love you with the just as handsome Gerard Butler saw the cowl complete down to needing to block it.

IMG_3306

All in all a fun piece that resulted in a light and airy cowl that has the advantage of being worn single and longer or doubled up and still giving warmth in the cooler weather.

I will most likely revisit this cowl pattern again.

Ruth x

This entry was posted in Finished object, Knitting and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Fern Cowl

Terrific outcome. Is the Colin Firth Pride and Prejudice a Masterpiece series or a single movie. We tried looking it up on Netflix and it was listed as a mini series.

It’s a mini series that was made some years ago by the BBC it’s as true to the book as you will get. I think it’s 6 episodes but so worth watching over the Keira Knightley one, although Matthew MacFadyen makes an ok Mr Darcy when you see Colin Firth there is just no comparrison. Do check it out, you won’t regret it ! πŸ™‚ But I’m a major P & P fan !

• Kepanie says:

I love listening to the audio book while knitting.

I just love the book full stop in any form and read it at least once a year and that doesn’t count the amount of times I will watch the film and you now know why Elizabeth is called Elizabeth lol.

2. Marsha says:

Lovely cowl………………but the model is the loveliest!

3. jcjulieann says:

Lovely Ruth, you have a good eye for colour.
    Julie C

4. Linda S says:

Congrats on another great finish Ruth.

Linda

5. Sara says:

Pride and Prejudice is one of my favourite novels too, the opening sentence………..It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife……………. always gives me a little thrill and promises a great story no matter how many times I read it, I have the BBC dvd too and agree that nobody plays Darcey like Colin Firth.

Your Fern cowl will make a beautiful gift for your mum.
    Sara

6. Just lovely, the color is incredible!

7. Blu says:

What a gorgeous cowl! I love the colour.