WIP Wednesday & Yarn Along.

Checking in today with Tami and Ginny. Do check out the links for other blogs participating.

Wip’s this week have changed this week to one pair of socks cast on some weeks back and a new cast on earlier this week.

All of last weeks projects were finished. Check out Sunday’s YOP post for three of them and check back tomorrow for the fourth as it should be finished blocking !

So back to this week,

IMG_3252

Top left of the picture is the Fresh Mint tea cosy I’m knitting for a friend this is the second half as it stood this am. I just need to complete this side, sew together and settle on a topping for it.

Bottom right are the Fruit Salad anklet socks for my daughter. She is between two sizes in the book so I need to measure as I go with these on the foot part in particular, not so much for the leg part. I did this much last night but needed to measure so had to stop.

I am still reading The First Apostle by James Becker – from the book – Chris Bronson is devastated when his best friend?s wife? the woman he was secretly in love with?dies in a tragic accident. But when Bronson heads to Italy to console his friend, he finds the evidence of a break-in?and a strange Latin inscription on a stone above the fireplace.
To decipher the stone Bronson enlists the help of his ex-wife, an antiques expert, sending them on a treacherous path of clues across Europe leading to a truth so dangerous it could destroy the very foundations of the Christian faith?

This entry was posted in Books, Knitting, Work in progress, Yarn Along and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to WIP Wednesday & Yarn Along.

1. Heather says:

The book sounds interesting! The socks look like they are going to be really pretty. Both of my kids never seem to be the same size as what patterns say, so I kind of make things up as I go along πŸ™‚ good luck!

2. Karen says:

The tea cozy and sock look great!

3. tinkhickman says:

Oooohh, a tea cosy, I think that will be one of my next projects. I love the colour of the socks, very pretty. I like the sound of that book, it sounds a bit like the Da Vinci Code which is one of my favorite books. X

4. tinkhickman says:

That was meant to say yarn!!!! X

5. salpal1 says:

nice projects – socks look like they will be really pretty – your daughter will love them. We don’t “do” tea cozies over here, but yours is cheerful!

6. I just love the colours in the yarn for the fruit salad sock. I hope you get the fit sorted out!

7. Donna says:

Sounds like a really good book. I love the colors you are using on the Tea Cozy. And the Fruit Salad socks are adorable!

8. girliegirlandcurl says:

I am doing my usual Coffee…Post pattern…peek in and see what everyone else is creating.
    Love the colors on the Tea cosy…great gift. I have yet to do a sock from the toe up, something I may want to try.

With All That I Am
    Carrie – The Handmade Homemaker

Thank you for stopping by, I didn’t think I’d like toe up as I love cuff down but I’m starting to like them very much. I’m going to hop over and see what you have been up to. πŸ™‚

9. Sarah says:

Such a cute tea cozy! I love the colors of this one too!

I like toe up socks but it has been years since I tried socks again. I definitely have suffered from Second Sock Syndrome and next time I make them I will be making two-at-a-time. Pretty yarn for that project too!

I have one sock for myself done and it is suffering from kind of second sock syndrome but it is mainly the children wanted some so mine got left lol. Two at a time look like fun, think I’ll finish mastering toe up first before tackling anything new on the sock front.

10. Janet says:

Cute socks! Your book sounds interesting. I’ll have to add it to the list.

11. The beginnings of your projects are lovely. I’m sure your daughter will love the socks – the stitch is so pretty.

12. Linda S says:

Both projects look great Ruth.

Linda

I love that light blue with that minty green. They’re a great pair. The fruity sock is lookin’ good.