Boo…KAL

Last week a group of us on Ravelry started a KAL of some shawls by Boo Knits

To check out more on the group on Ravelry look HERE or check out Sarah’s blog HERE.

I didn’t update last week as well I had nothing to update with. I had cast on but was unhappy with the tension on one side so frogged and restarted. I debated beads and no beads and ordered clear beads to add to Leprechaun but then decided against adding them as I want this shawl for an everyday wear. The beads though I have in mindΒ  for another boo knit shawl.

Fotor07118592

This shawl though as you have gathered is being called Leprechaun and I’m now about 50% of the way through.

I’m using a Fyberspates Silk lace weight yarn which is just the most delicious yarn ever, so silky smooth and soft.

I really love how the lace sections are starting to come together, lace being one of my favourite things to knit.

Fotor071190111

Check back next week for further progress.

This entry was posted in KAL, Knitting and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Boo…KAL

1. Anya Lowery says:

Such a beautiful color! I love the pattern, as well πŸ™‚

2. Renee Anne says:

It looks lovely. I’ve only done one proper (triangle) shawl in my knitting experiences……I have plans in my head for more but we’ll see how things go πŸ™‚

3. Magdalena says:

looking fantastic so far! i absolutely adore so many of fyberspates’ yarns, but this one i haven’t had the chance to try yet. looking forward to seeing more later on..!

4. Marsha says:

Absolutely beautiful. I love knitting lace too. This will be so pretty when it is done and on your shoulders.

Great progress Ruth. These colors are faerie like and will look terrific against your skin.
    If you don’t want to always watermark your pics, check out Creative Commons.

It looks Gorgeous Ruth! I’m not onto the lace yet, and having never done it, I have no idea even if I can!

Did you do 209 in the stocking stitch? I’m going for that, but have hardly got any time in this week, so playing catch up for the first time tonight.

7. Linda S says:

It sure is pretty Ruth.

Linda

My last comment disappeared into the ether…how odd!

The shawl looks gorgeous Ruth, I bet you’re pleased as punch…you’re further along than me, I have lost loads of time this week as it’s been busy with loads of boring stuff! Did you do 209 in the stocking stitch, that’s what I’m heading for.

Have a good weekend.x

I did the 137 stitches on this one as after its blocked it will be big enough then for what I want. This I’m envisaging as a shawl I can wear like a scarf around my neck as well as just across my shoulders. Hope your week settles down, I really hate when boring stuff gets in the way of stuff we enjoy doing. You can do the lace no problem, I tend to work on the lace at night so I can do full rows uninteruppted but then my smaller children wouldnt understand waiting for Mama until she’d finished a row of concentrating on lace lol !

9. CathieJ says:

Your shawl is beautiful!

10. Sarah says:

Oh my word, that yarn is scrumptious!! Really beautiful, makes me want to pull out my lacy shawl that has been on the needles for two years now… (I am NOT a fast lace knitter, as I do not yet love it).

I can only work on this in the evenings, it just so happens my evenings at the moment are free, once school begins again they tend to be not so free. Lace knitting is not conducive to little ones running around and wanting things.

11. tinkhickman says:

It looks beautiful, love the colours. Deb x

12. Book Blather says: