WIP Wednesday

For today’s meme I’m checking in with Tami and Ginny. Head over to check out what other’s are reading and working on this week!

This weeks wip’s are moving along nicely and on the needles are…

Fotor071010306On the left the toe up socks I’m finishing off, they are as far as the gusset and heel.

On the right is the tea cosy I’m making, this is the start of the second side.

I’ve also been working on my shawl but will update with photos on that tomorrow.

I’m reading Friendship Bread by Darien Gee, I’m taking my sweet time with it, not because its boring quite the contrary but I’ve been busy around the house as you’ll have seen in yesterday’s post and I’ve been sneaking in some sitting outdoors in the glorious heat wave we are experiencing but have been knitting more than reading.

This entry was posted in Books, Crochet, Knitting, Work in progress and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to WIP Wednesday

1. iknead2knit says:

I’ve been seeing this book over and over on other blogs. Guess I’ll have to join the crowd and check it out. Heading to library this afternoon. Thanks for sharing.

2. You are really motoring through that Tea Cozy. Are you doing the crochet flower top? Or a pom pom? Please tell!

3. kimmery4 says:

First off, in reply to yesterday’s post, Chickens?! I love it! What a huge back yard you have and how great is that for raising your little flock of children. My daughter Sarah has chickens and they fascinate me–I even didn’t mind taking care of them while she was in the hospital. The eggs are amazing and there is nothing like them in the store. One of her chicken breeds lays light blue eggs–so pretty.
    I adore the tea cosy-and with that bright cheery colored yarn I would vote for a flower on top!
    *smiles and a hug*

Thank you Kim, our yard is pretty much huge with acres of fields beyond that the children go off rambling in, will take photos soon and show you. The yard is pretty much lawn and given over to the children and the run of what they want to do out there lol. I wasn’t sure if this tea cosy was going to be for me or as a gift but its so bright and cheery I’m thinking for me lol 🙂

4. Helen says:

What pattern are you using for your tea cozy? It looks lovely.

5. Linda S says:

Great progress on both pieces Ruth.

Linda

Great projects on the needless. I really like that sock color way. It’s like a storm going away being pushed by light. I can’t wait to see more of the tea cozy.

7. Angela Hockabout - Knit Luck says:

Ooo! Friendship bread. I need to have friendship jam! I’m always trading my jam with my fellow canners. Nice job on the socks!

8. mistea says:

Nice sock. Sweet tea cosy. My gran used to make that pattern, always a fun design.

9. CathieJ says:

Looks like I will have to try Friendship bread. Also, what pattern are you using for the tea cozy? I need to make one.

10. Sarah says:

I love the colors of your tea cozy.. I use my teapot often in the colder months and should knit myself a new cozy – what a fun idea! Great projects, as always!