Birthday Parties

With Caoimhe’s birthday this coming Sunday and her whole weekend being spent celebrating with my Dad who also has his birthday on the same day, we wanted to give her the chance to have a celebration with her friends. This we did last Saturday.

Miss Caoimhe

Miss Caoimhe

She planned it down to a T. Every little detail was taken care of and planned out.

She wanted to pass the parcel and having found nothing suitable in any of the shops, I made some home-made scrunchies for each of the girls. Luckily they all have long long hair !

Pass the parcel

Pass the parcel

We layered up each layer with a scrunchie and some sweets. Caoimhe earmakring the one she’d really like to get lol.

She planned out races and musical statues and tip tig and we needed prizes for all.

Thankfully the day remained dry and sunny and all were able to play out in the garden and the squeals of delight and laughter led me to believe they had a great time.

Garden Fun

Garden Fun

The cake, who could have a party without a cake !

Caoimhe had as ever very specific ideas on what she would like for her cake!

Cake, glorious cake !

Cake, glorious cake !

As you can see she wanted a chocolate and fresh cream and strawberry cake topped with chocolate gnache and chocolate covered strawberries !

My daughter has excellent taste and ideas, the party was a roaring success and everyone enjoyed their day immensly.

Happy Birthday Baby.

This entry was posted in Family and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Birthday Parties

1. Renee Anne says:

Why do I imagine her being a party planner in her future?

2. Linda S says:

Congrats to the birthday girl for planning such a great party.

Linda

3. kimmery4 says:

What a fun party. So many people over here think they need to break the bank throwing birthday parties–renting big inflatables, going to water parks or restaurants–I miss the days of having parties at home.
    She looks so happy-and I really love the photo of her waving–a beautiful moment in time,caught forever…..
    *smiles*

Thank you Kim, that is by far my most favourite picture of the day, caught completely unexpectedly, of course the cake is a close second picture wise lol.

OMGosh, fantastic job, Ruth! I love how this young beauty helped plan everything. Homemade scruchies? WAY betta ‘dan ‘da store! Man, your cake is delectable!

That cake was so delicious, I’m not normally a fan of chocolate cakes but this recipe for one I happened upon is my go to one for chocolate cakes.

5. Sarah says:

oh my goodness, it looks like a girl’s dream party! Beautiful! Especially the cake – I’m so impressed. What fun!