It’s Monday, What am I reading ? …. 15

For today’s meme I’m checking in with Sheila over at Book Journey. Today is a day when we all gather together to share what we have read, what we are and what we are going to read. It’s fun to visit and check out other participants and see what they are reading, it’s a wonderful way to broaden your book horizons. Do head over and check it out.

So What am I reading ?

On Audio I’m listening to, Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

I’ve stuck with this as I really hate to give up on a book, even audio ones and it really needs to be dire for me to do so but oh my gosh, these pair of characters are really ridiculous. I’m really hoping this is a ploy the writer has done to make you think one thing and everything turns out to be the opposite….I’m really really hoping this is the case otherwise …. well otherwise what a waste !

I’m still reading Friendship Bread by Darien Gee. This is my paperback book, even though I’ve audio books and kindle books I really need to still have a book in my hand, there is something comforting in that !

This book is just lovely, it’s got the sweetest story and although not my normal kind of book I’m thoroughly enjoying it, of this lot of library books I’m so glad I started with this one.

On my kindle is The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman.

This is another book a step away from my normal genre and when I pick up my kindle I can easily get lost in it. It’s going slower than normal but not because I’m not enjoying it, I’m just busy at the moment.

This week I’m pressing on with these reads, will I expect to finish any of them this week, probably not but it will be a nice surprise if I do !

I still need to do my review for The Cloud Maker by Patrick Woodhead so I will hopefully eek out time this week to do that.

So, What are you reading ?

This entry was posted in Books, What am I reading and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to It’s Monday, What am I reading ? …. 15

1. Lexxie says:

It’s so difficult sometimes to continue with a book, I haven’t read Gone Girl, but I can totally understand your frustrations!

Here’s my It’s Monday… post for this week.

Happy reading 🙂

2. I listened to Gone Girl on audio too – those 2 main characters – crazy!!!! But I loved the book.

3. Book Blather says:

I haven’t read Gone Girl yet, but because it’s not my usual genre I shall probably read the audiobook as well. 🙂

4. Jennifer @ The Relentless Reader says:

The characters in Gone Girl make you want to slap them don’t they? 😉 I hope you end up enjoying the book!

Happy reading 😀

5. The book Friendship Bread looks so good! I heard The Gone Girl audio was not as good as the book. I enjoyed the book. Have a super week Ruth!

6. harvee says:

An intriguing title, The Lost Wife. Has me curious. Enjoy the books.

7. Sandy says:

Popping round to invite everyone to Memory Monday. The last book looks awesome, the picture alone makes me want to read it, I love historical things; but generally only read while on vacation. Do you like the audio books? I’ve heard some of knit/crochet friends like to do audio books so they can stitch; but I’ve not tried it.

I like the audio books purely to keep up with my reading while knitting or crocheting, I don’t think I’d dream of listening to one otherwise.

8. Kathy Martin says:

You chose an interesting variety of books. All of them would be stretch reads for me since I don’t read those genres. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

9. Every time I see The Lost Wife I want to read it badly but I have so many others. Enjoy your week!

10. Elizabeth says:

I haven’t read GONE GIRL yet. I hear mixed reviews about it. THE LOST WIFE looks good to me.

ENJOY your reading week.

Nice blog…I do not believe I have visited before. Going to follow by e-mail.

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My It’s Monday!! What are You Reading?

I’m always eyein’ that bread book every Monday, Ruth! I’ll have to see if it’s in our library first.
    I haven’t been reading for awhile after that binge of historical romance novels. I’ve been busy playing with my new phone and blogging besides making origami cranes.

I think you’ll love Friendship Bread. My library very kindly got it in especially for me.

• Kepanie says:

I requested it since we’re going to the big, Main Library Thursday.
        I read on WordPress Help you can reply to the email notification you get when a person comments on your blog and that should go to the person’s inbox, I think. I’m gonna try it next time to see if it works.

Ahhh yes that could work as I get the email notifications to my phone to so that could be very handy ! Must try that also.

• Kepanie says:

I’m replying to you Ruth also via my WordPress dashboard where the notifications are. It tells me if you’ve replied on your blog to my comment/post.

12. Rose Milligan says:

Enjoy your books. I’m reading The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick.

13. Helen says:

Seems everyone reads more interesting books than me … but I must admit to you-all I love the Knitting Mysteries. Currently I am reading Sins and Needles by Monica Ferris. There are a number of books in this series all centering around a yarn/craft shop run by Betsy who is a sleuth with great results. It’s easy to read for short periods of time but after so many of the books Betsy has become a “friend” who knits as well as crafts.

14. Pingback: WIPs | Knitspiring Odyssey

15. iknead2knit says:

I’ve nominated you for a WordPress Family Award.