It’s Monday, What am I reading ? ….14

It’s Monday again and time to see what I am reading this week, I am as usual checking in with Sheila over at Book Journey where like minded blogs and people get together to share what’s come off our reading tables, is on it now and will most likely appear on them over the next week.

So What am I reading ?

I am still reading Friendship Bread by Darien Gee and I have to say I’m curious, the writer has my attention now, I want to know why the sisters are not talking to each other, I have my ideas so lets see if I am right. I do this constantly with every book figure it out before I get to it, too many years reading crimes and mystery I guess lol. I’m also loving the character of Madeline Davis with her tea shop !

I’m also listening to Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn at the moment on audio. I’ve heard so many raves about this at the moment that I decided to give it a go. All I can say so far it is very predictable and I’m hoping as I get into it some more that it gets out of that otherwise I’m going to have sussed it out by the halfway point !

I haven’t finished up anything in the last week book wise, I’ve been to busy with other finishes but as those wind down more reading time should appear. I’m pressing on with both these reads this week and next up is to finish The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman, I’m itching to get back to this story, it’s on my kindle.

After thatΒ  next to be started is The Colour of Tea by Hannah Tunnicliffe.

So. What are you reading ?

This entry was posted in Books, What am I reading and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to It’s Monday, What am I reading ? ….14

1. readerbuzz says:

Perfect reads for summer, I think. Enjoy!

Here’s my It’s Monday!

2. Beautiful book covers. I liked Gone Girl better in book format. I started the audio and for some reason did not enjoy it. It was after I had read the book so I still love it. I thought I had the book all figured out while I was reading it too and I was so wrong πŸ™‚

Oh great your post gives me hope !! I love a book even more if it surprises me and if it keeps me guessing, I’ll carry on. I think whats wrong with the audio is the accent of the speaker it’s a tad distracting.

3. Teddyree says:

Love the cover of The Color Of Tea. I’ve heard nothing but good on Gone Girl, it’s is on my TBR stack, hope you enjoy it. Have a great week and happy reading πŸ™‚

4. The lost wife looks very interesting, I am curious to see how you like it. Thanks for stopping by on my blog, and have a great week!

Kind regards,

5. Jennifer @ The Relentless Reader says:

Gone Girl is a twisty ride, but it’s best if you haven’t heard a THING about it before you start reading. I hope it picks up for you and that you end up enjoying it πŸ™‚

Happy reading!

6. That are some great looking books! I always love to puzzle along in books not matter what genre they are. Have a great week!

7. kimmery4 says:

I do not think you will figure out Gone Girl–! πŸ™‚ I won’t say more at this time as I don’t want to spoil. The Lost Wife may make an appearance at my house this week too!
    *smiles*

I think you would love The Lost Wife and excellent hope I don’t figure out Gone Girl, I hope it takes me by surprise ! πŸ™‚

8. Kathy Martin says:

Nice assortment of books. Come see my Monday Report here. Happy reading!

9. Rose Milligan says:

All of your books look good. I’m reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and Forever in Blue by Ann Brashares.

10. I really want to read Colour of Tea also. I am in the minority and didn’t enjoy Gone Girl, wish I had DNF actually. Hope you enjoy it more than me.

11. fanficfan44 says:

I have also been hearing so much about Gone Girl that it has made me curious, but I haven’t really put it on my TBR list yet.

I am always amazed at how much you are juggling!

13. Oh, they all look good!

14. The Lost wife looks like it might be interesting! Hope you are having a wonderful week for reading.
    my Monday post