YOP Year 2 Update

2Yoppostheader

Not much to report this Sunday as I’m starting to wind down on this year’s yop list. I’ve looked over it and have complete pretty much what I want off of it. I’ve not caught up fully with dishcloths but  these tend to be an ongoing knit project that I do. Anything else that’s left I just don’t feel the love of starting and trying to complete before end of month. I may do the Hermione sock so I have a pair and get that out of the way. I finished off a couple of projects from last Sunday and in case you missed my FO post on Friday here is just a glimpse of them, for details check back on the post.

Cushion Cover

Cushion Cover

Stormy Sky Socks

Stormy Sky Socks

On Wednesday I was also working on a bag for Elizabeth’s birthday later this week and I have completed that. This is again a design out of my head and I love the way it turned out. I used Stylecraft Special in a DK weight with a 4mm hook and I lined it with felt.

Elizabeth's Bag

Elizabeth’s Bag

I have a selection of knit and crochet headband patterns that I’m going to look through and do some for both Caoimhe (who’s birthday is the 23rd of this month) and Elizabeth (who’s birthday is the 26th of this month). I also have a bag I need to do for Caoimhe as well. I’m trying to do these as a surprise but I think that is a bit to ambitious ! So for this coming week I’ll be working on birthday surprises. I do have a milo vest to do for Elizabeth but as that’s for the autumn it can wait another week or so.

I have been gathering up my ideas also for next years yop list so I can have most of that organised for the start of July.

This entry was posted in Crochet, Knitting, Year of projects and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to YOP Year 2 Update

1. Renee Anne says:

I love that little bag! I think it’ll be a perfect gift for Miss Elizabeth 🙂 You should maybe write down what you did…I’m sure others would be dying to make it (I don’t crochet so maybe not me but if I did, I’d be on it).

2. Linda S says:

What a great bag Ruth. I love it and the colors you choice.

Linda

3. kimmery4 says:

The bag! The bag! It is so adorable! I need to find a little knitted pattern and do some for my Grands–they would love them. You are so creative Ruth and talented and inspirational. 🙂 I think I need to look over my list and see if there is anything I can quick finish-and then look at what I want to put on my list for next year. I know I have some stash which need projects assigned to them-and that might become my main focus for next year. Speaking of …do you think there will be a next year with everyone else? I sure hope so as I love our group….
    *smiles*

Thank you. I sure do hope there will be a thrid year I’d miss posting on a Sunday and visiting you all, not that I’d stop if there wasn’t a yop year I would but I do love the extra reason to stop by. xx

4. Laura says:

The bag is awesome! Great idea to start gathering ideas for next year’s list! I fell off the posting bandwagon. . . but I did get a lot done!

You got a whole lot done and sometimes your so busy doing you forget to post, afterall if you don’t do you won’t have anything to post 🙂

Great finishes here, Ruth! The bag came out cute.

6. The pillow is stunning! You really just picked up that crochet hook and ran with it! LOL! It looks like you’ve crocheted for years. The little purse turned out darling and I’m sure she will love it!

7. mary says:

You are already designing crochet items…WOW. I’m glad you are finding success with it…the pillows look great and I’m sure the girls will be pleased with their bags..

8. soknitsome says:

I love your Stormy Sky socks – there’s a bit of a cable or twisted stitches, isn’t there. What pattern did you use?