FO Friday

FOfriday

From last Sunday when I had the pale pink Milo vest completed I’ve been on a slight roll of finishing off wip’s…I know shocking isn’t it ! I can hardly believe I wrote that sentence myself !

First to be finished was the cushion cover I was designing…oh I can’t tell you how much I love this !! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT !!

Ok yes now you want to see it of course,

Cushion Cover

Cushion Cover

When I started this cushion I have a picture in my head of what I wanted the front and back to look like and what you see here is exactly what I had in my head !! I can’t believe looking at it that I got the image in my head translated into yarn in front of me !

The front was made up of small granny squares which I joined with wrong sides together so I’d have the raised rows and the back I made in two parts to give me an envelope fold type opening. I then sewed on buttons and gave the edge some button holes. I used Stylecraft Special in a dk weight and a 4mm hook.

It is now in pride of place in my crafting corner and it is extremely comfy and cosy behind my back !

Second onto the FO list were Alans Stormy Sky socks. I took these out Tuesday night to do a few rows on them and got so engrossed that they were finished and off the needles that night. I find this happens me a lot, once I get the time to pick a project up I’ll keep going at it until done, I really just need time !

Again I’m sure you want to see them,

Stormy Sky Socks

Stormy Sky Socks

We have been having such a spell of sunny weather that I was able to photograph these in the garden the other morning at 9am.

I used Opal’s Fairies and Elves yarn and 2.5mm dpn’s, my favourite way to knit socks I must admit.

On Wednesday I had started a square I was playing around with for a bag for Elizabeth’s birthday and that is so very near complete. It is in crochet and is again out of my head but it should be ready all going well for showing on Sunday’s post so do check back to see that.

To check other blogs taking part today head over to Tami’s blog.

This entry was posted in Crochet, Finished object, Knitting and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to FO Friday

1. Renee Anne says:

I’m looking for new projects to start…I want to knit ALL THE THINGS! But I don’t have the yarn or I don’t have the needles. Always something holding me back. ::sigh::

However, on the design front, I may have figured out a few things on paper…which means I can, maybe, start working on them for real 🙂

Why is that, that you want to start something and you dont have the right yarn and or needle !! Frustrating is what it is.
      Oh I’m delighted you have it on paper, your design that is. I can’t wait to see it. I’ve not designed anything in knitting but I’m having an absolute ball designing in crochet !

2. Karoline says:

Congratulations on your finishes, your cushion is gorgeous

3. Linda S says:

Congrats on the great finishes Ruth. You are so amazing.

Linda

4. Kim says:

Love it too!!! How cheery is that? I like your socks too-perfect name for the colorway too. I hope Elizabeth is feeling better. I have a sick teenager at home today–called me to get him at school as his tum was feeling a bit sick. I know of others with sick tummy bug kids so it must be going around here again. Sheesh! Summer cannot come fast enough. Have a great Saturday–I am winding down for my Friday night–about ready for pajamas-and it looks like you are probably snoozing away still but about to be up for your Saturday!
    *smiles*

Yes I read your message over my morning cup of tea lol. Elizbeth is pushing the boundaries of what she can and can’t do. We go to the dr on Tuesday and I’m hoping the bump I’m feeling is not a bad thing ! I do hate tummy bugs on the rounds and you have my sympathies as does the patient, never nice but especially this time of year ! It is a long weekend with us so I’m looking forward to the extra day this weekend but it is merely a teaser of what will come in a few weeks and I’ve little patience to wait for the summer holidays, I want them here now lol. Enjoy your weekend also 🙂

Hooray!!! The socks are finished. And I love, love your cushion cover!!!