WIP Wednesday

WIP Wednesday

Another Wednesday rolls round and we get a chance to check out what wip’s are on the needles and also what am I reading right now,

IMG_2659

On the left is the Basic Beanie I’m working on for my Mum. This is a slouchy beanie and it calls for the body of the hat to be 7 inches but I’m going to knit it 5 inches and then start the decreases. I’m knitting it in a Stylecraft Life DK yarn which is an acrylic and wool mix yarn so should stand up to the wear and tear of an everyday hat. It’s got some lovely flecks of red and blue through it to add some interest.

On the right is a cloth I’ve started it’s a Snowbaby Cloth and I’m knitting it in a King Cole Bamboo Cotton yarn on a 3.5 mm needle to give it a tighter gauge.

I am reading on my kindle at the moment Wraiths by Una D’Arcy, it’s a wonderful young adult book that adults will enjoy also. It is only available on kindle download at the moment and I’ve just been told by her that the second in the series Swansong will be available for download today ! Don’t you just love a series. This is a local author about local places and all those myths and legends that you read about Ireland this is just a tiny piece of that mixed with what is real also. I really do encourage you all to have a read of it.

I’m also listening to The House at Riverton by Kate Morton on my iPhone. This is a library download and I’m enjoying it very much at the moment.

To check out other posts taking part in this Wednesday meme check out Tami and Ginny’s blogs.

This entry was posted in Knitting, Work in progress and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to WIP Wednesday

1. kimmery4 says:

Snowbaby is adorable! Your mom is going to love that hat.
    *smiles*

2. Linda S says:

Love your knitting projects Ruth.

Linda

Wonderful progress, Ruth. I like the sound of that book.

4. Loving your work! I listen to a lot of audio books and would love to know any recommendations. Hunger games was fab on audiobook 10/10.

Thank you. I’ve just started with the audio books, Me Before You by JoJo Moyes was good on audio and The Woods I found not so good on audio but that I suspect was more to do with the story than the audio. I will check out Hunger Games and see how that goes.

5. Marmepurl says:

I like the colorway of the beanie.

6. Karoline says:

Your knitting wisp are looking lovely

7. I need to start some dish cloths and the snow baby is adorable. Of course, I love that hat and I must get me some of that yarn for sure! I have the Kindle on my pc so I’m going to see if I can find that book. I do love series books because if you find a good author then you can depend on the other books in the series being good too. Take care!