FO Friday

FOfridayWelcome to my first Finished Object post here on my new blog. The heads up is I’m moving from Ruth’s Little Leprechauns over on blogger to …mysparemoments here on wordpress. I do hope you join me here and you have the option of following me by email (button on right hand side bar). It is still a work in progress so do bear with me. I do have all your blog updates brought over so I can keep up with you all 🙂

Now onto finished objects.

I completed the Hermione Hearts Ron beanie hat last Sunday and opted against blocking as it just didn’t look like it needed it. I knit it in this warm Manos Silk Blend yarn on 3.5 mm needles and this is one of my favourite beanies I’ve knit this year and I may just have to keep it all for myself. Caoimhe is modelling it here and it fits both her and I so is a good size and fit.

Hermione Hearts Ron

Hermione Hearts Ron

I do have another finished project but it’s for a gift and well you know what that means by now.

I’m checking in with Tami for this Friday post as usual.

Again welcome and hoping you’ll join me here.

Ruth. xx

This entry was posted in Finished object, Knitting and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to FO Friday

1. omlair says:

Ooo I was just considering casting one of these on. Yours is lovely!

2. Lucie says:

That looks gorgeous and I love the colour of the yarn 🙂

3. pisky cove says:

welcome to the darkside! Just done the move myself!

Love your hats look fab! The crown looks really interesting which I love

4. chrisknits says:

Beautiful hat, love the color!

5. Renee Anne says:

I was wondering why I hadn’t seen anything from you for the last few days…

6. The hat turned out gorgeous. The yarn is absolutely beautiful and so is the model! Where do you get those good looking models? LOL! Why did you move your blog if I may ask? I don’t go into my email daily because it’s such a mess with spam and ads but I’m thinking if I put in your address for your blog I should have the button still on my blog which makes it easy for me to check in on you. And of course I have to check in on what you’ve been up to! LOL! TTYL! Happy Friday or is it Saturday there now? Thanks for the confidence in me…you always make me feel like I can tackle things and that means a lot. You ARE my role model!

7. Linda S says:

Love the hat Ruth. You did a great job. Also, congrats on finishing Kris Kringle.

Linda

8. Sandie says:

Love the simple look of your new blog. I’ll watch with interest how it progresses as I may have to change my own blog! Love the hat too – might have to go for that one soon

Thank you, its been fiddly and once complete I’ll enjoy it more. The hardest part is bringing everything and everyone over. The hat is such a great easy pattern but looks great to, give it a go.

Love the hat, I especially like the colour, I’ve looked at that manos silk before, it sounds gorgeous….good for you keeping something for yourself…hope that you aren’t going to get too much more wear out of it this month, the cold is beginning to wear a bit thin now eh?!

Great new site…going now to see if I can put you on my sidebar.

Thank you Faith, I’m glad you found me over here. The Manos is a wonderful yarn to spoil yourself or someone special with and this hat pattern is so lovely to knit up. It seems to be getting colder here if anything !