It’s Monday, What am I reading.. 4

This Monday sees me still reading The Templar Legacy by Steve Berry. I’m just coming on the half way mark with this book and I’m thoroughly enjoying it so far. Its got a good pace, hops between both sides and the characters are interesting and engaging.

I am expecting to get stuck into the rest of this book and finish it off this week.

Next up to be read is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

From Goodreads :-
It’s just a small story really, about among other things: a girl, some words, an accordionist, some fanatical Germans, a Jewish fist-fighter, and quite a lot of thievery….

Narrated by Death, Markus Zusak’s groundbreaking new novel is the story of Liesel Meminger, a young foster girl living outside of Munich in Nazi Germany. Liesel scratches out a meager existence for herself by stealing when she encounters something she can’t resist – books. Soon she is stealing books from Nazi book-burnings, the mayor’s wife’s library, wherever they are to be found.

With the help of her accordion-playing foster father, Liesel learns to read and shares her stolen books with her neighbors during bombing raids, as well as with the Jewish man hidden in her basement.

This is an unforgettable story about the ability of books to feed the soul.

This is a book I’ve had forever on my kindle and is one of this months upcoming books to be read for bookclubs I’m in this month.

The bookclubs I’m in this month have some really good reads that I’m looking forward to getting stuck into…here’s whats on the list to be read along with The Book Thief.

Do you remember the film ? I watched it when I was much younger so I’m looking forward to seeing how the book differs.

Run downs of these as they come up onto the top of my reading pile.

My book count totals for this year stand at
Book Count totals:

Whats in a Name 6 challenge : 3/6
To Be Read Challenge : 1/12
Library Book Reading Challenge : 2/12
Total Books Read Personal Challenge 2013 : 6/12

To check out what others are reading today look in on Sheila’s blog at Book Journey

13 Responses to It’s Monday, What am I reading.. 4

1. Kathy Martin says:

I hope you enjoy all the books you have planned for this week. I tried to read The Book Thief but couldn't get into it. I should try again. Come see my Monday Report. Happy reading.

2. You have some excellent books coming up 🙂 The Book Thief…sigh…such an amazing read!Have a great week!

3. The Princess Bride!!!! I love that movie to pieces!!!! That is on my list to reread. I am actually reading The Last Unicorn this week, do you remember that movie?The House at Riverton and Friendship Bread both sound good!

4. BookBreather says:

I am ashamed to say I have neither watched nor read The Princess Bride…I don't even know what it is about. But I hope you enjoy it, along with all of your other books! My Monday Post 🙂

5. I can't wait to see what you think of The Princess Bride book! The plot is mostly the same, but at the same time I think it has a very different feel.

6. Thoeria says:

Oh I love a good Templar read, Ruth. Looking forward to getting your overall impression of the book. I'm just about decided to get this one too 🙂

These look good. I added the house and bread ones to my to-read list. Can't wait to read your reviews.

8. Emma/Itzy says:

I loved the Book Thief! It must of been about 4 or 5 years since I read it but once I started it I couldn't put it down. I hope you enjoy it!

9. Margaret says:

I really enjoyed Friendship Bread so I hope you do too.

10. You really have some interesting books that you're reading and going to read. I've gotten behind in my reading and then bought a new one I'm reading which won't even count! LOL! I'm so bad!

11. Oooh the Book Thief is great! Can't wait to hear what you think. And The House at Riverton has been on my TBR for some time, I'm hoping to read it soon. Thanks for coming by the blog!

12. Debby says:

Ruth,I'm reading the House at Riverton right now and am thoroughly enjoying it. It's almost hard to put down! I will read future posts to see what you think of it once you've finished!

13. You are going to LOVE The Book Thief. I've never watched The Princess Bride but I've heard great things. Hopefully the book lives up to you expectations. Happy Reading!