Stitching Update with another Finish

Last week I was switching my stitching rotation round to my Turtle Trot pieces. I had the Beds of Roses piece out and was so near finishing that I decided to press on with that rather than switching to a different turtle trot piece.

This is where it stood when I last updated about it..

Beds of Roses

As the post title suggests I’ve now gotten this finished.

Beds of Roses

I can now have the enjoyable job of choosing its frame and think about where to hang it once complete.

This was stitched on 32ct raw Belfast Linen and I used Belle Soie’s Strawberry Shortcake thread.
The pattern itself had two missing letters which I worked in and the end border on the right was different to the one on the left and I changed this so they would both match, these are little things that if I hadn’t changed they would have bugged me.

The rotation is now changing and I’m going to work on my Scarlet Letter piece, Elizabeth Simon. I’m also ready to start stitching out my bookmark I designed, to see how that is going to work.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Stitching Update with another Finish

1. cucki says:

beautiful stitching deary..hugs x

2. I love it! It's beautiful! I'm thinking that it would be nice to never have to switch thread colors too….hmmm….I may want to do a cross stitch project like that! LOL!If it's that pretty now I can't imagine how gorgeous it will be when framed and hanging in your home.

3. Kerryp77 says:

what a lovely finish, well done. x

Congrats on the finish Ruth. What a beautiful design and I love the color your choice.Linda

5. SoCal Debbie says:

It looks wonderful, Ruth! The missing letters would have bugged me. You did a great job making the adjustments!

6. Karoline says:

Congratulations on your finish, it's gorgeous

7. Topcho says:

Congrats to the beautiful finish! You did awesome with the adjuctments. I usually can libe with many mistakes, but missing letters would be a nit too much 🙂 the finsl result is awesome!

8. Kate says:

Congrats on the beautiful finish, it looks wonderful.

9. Angela says:

Such a beautiful piece, I hope you find the perfect frame and the perfect place to hang it 🙂

What a pretty piece. It has wonderful detail.