YOP Year 2 Update

This week has been a week of steadily working through “The Secret Project”. I have a photo of a small piece of it as I know some of you have been very curious so if you want to figure out what it is you can lol. As you can see I’ve been working mainly with the green and the first version should be complete today ready for gifting later in the week. Then I need to crack on with the second version as time is running short. I’m using King Cole Bamboo Cotton with a 3.5mm needle for green piece.

The Secret Project

I got the Easy Crocheted Dishcloth I had on the hook last week finished. It was done in lots of time for Fridays FO post but I just ran out of time to complete it. Ruairí has a virus all this past week and now Alan and Caoimhe have come down with it, Ruairí is just now coming back to himself so I expect to have another week of ill little ones. Anyway onto the finished cloth as that’s what we are here to see. This was crocheted with Lily’s Sugar N Cream and a 5mm hook.

Easy Crocheted Dishcloth

I’ve not made any progress this week on my Stormy Sky socks but once the Secret Project is done I can press on with those without interruption.

I have a cowl pattern I’m going to knit up for an Aunt of mine for her birthday and this will count towards my knit one cowl this year. It won’t be for me but it still counts.

This is how my list is looking so far

Year of Projects List 2012/2013

Hats :-  1/6
Harry Potter Hufflepuff Beanie – just one left to complete the collection
Strib Hat– I have yarn to knit three of these for the three younger children – COMPLETE 3/3
Felicity
Spring Beret
Hermione Hearts Ron
Slouched Tuva Hat

Scarves :-  0/1
Strangling Vine Lace Scarf
Lace Ribbon Scarf
Scrunchable Scarf
Springtime Bandit
Stolen Moments Wrap
Branching Out – this is started and just needs finishing off

Cowls :-  0/1
These are a few of the patterns I like but I’ve not picked which one or indeed how many of them I will knit, that is to be decided when I start on a cowl.
Eirin Cowl – these also have a pattern for fingerless gloves which I love also
Rhosyn Cowl – these also come with a pair of matching fingerless gloves and a headband
Pendleton Cowl – I love the colourwork in this one

Fingerless Gloves :-  1/1
I want to make one pair of fingerless gloves this year, more if I get the time. Again these are some of the patterns I have in mind but I’m undecided on which one.
Veyla
Brontes Mitts
Victoria Fingerless Mittens
Susie’s Reading Mitts – COMPLETE
Hermione Hearts Ron Fingerless Gloves

Socks :-  0/1
I would love to knit a good few pairs of socks but that not may be possible so I shall aim to knit this pair anyway and anything over that shall be a bonus.
Hermiones Everyday Socks – STARTED

Dishcloths :-  15/25
My aim is to continue knitting one a week until the end of December. This post I’m moving here to a Sunday and I’m making it part of the projects as it will be something I’m doing. – Weekly Challenge

Advent Garland :-  24/24
Smitten A Holiday Garland – this I fell in love with and as family who love an advent calendar I thought this might be different and fun this year, especially if I fill each mitten with a little piece of chocolate for each of the children. – COMPLETE

Items for Baby :-
Baby Mitts 1/1 COMPLETE

Items for the children :-
Childrens Mittens 3/3 COMPLETE
Jacques Cousteau Hat 2/2 COMPLETE
Basic Beanie 3/3 COMPLETE
Godric’s Hollow Hat 1/1 COMPLETE

Lady Evelyn is now 12 weeks already ! I can’t quite believe how fast its going. She’s full of smiles and is interacting more and more each day. But its still wonderful to see her all snuggled up asleep. Here she is with her Bunny Blanket Buddy I knit her before she was born.

Lady Evelyn
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to YOP Year 2 Update

1. Lady Evelyn is beautiful! love the bunny! I don't make too many cloths (dish or wash) but did end up making one also this week…

2. cucki says:

awww cuteeeeeeeeeeee evelyn..happy march to you x

3. Nicola says:

Miss Evelyne is so beautiful Ruth, I wonder what she was dreaming of :o))

Lady Evelyn is adorable. Dreaming happy thoughts. I love the color of your dishcloth. Thanks for showing a green something that doesn't give a clue to your "secret project". lolLinda

5. Miss Evelyn is getting so big! I'd give anything for that complexion! LOL! Isn't she just so beautiful…as is your entire family!I love your little bunny you knit for her. I have a thing for bunnies if you haven't noticed! LOL! It's going on my YOP list for next year along with the advent calendar you did.I have got to start doing the washcloths as I think they are more usable than potholders and I need some for myself too.I haven't a clue as to what the green thing is..I can't even tell if it's knitted or crocheted although I'm leaning towards crochet.So sorry the kids are ill. It just breaks your heart to see them under the weather like that and it'd definitely hard work for Mom! I hope they all recover soon! TTYL!P.S. Your blog is looking cuter and cuter each day! P.S. again…when you get time could you tell me how you celebrate an authentic St. Patrick's Day. I fix corned beef and cabbage and make Irish Soda Bread but that's probably the American version. No rush….just someday when you're looking for something to blog about! LOL!

6. I really like the way the yellow bits pooled into diagonal stripes 🙂 Look how sweet Evelyn looks! Hopefully all the little tummies feel better soon!

7. Kim says:

Well let's take care of first things first…Your little lady is gorgeous! She has lost her newborn look and has that plump healthy baby look–I just want to reach in and kiss those little cheeks! Sleeping babies always look so peaceful–not a care in the world. :)Your secret project has me baffled, but I love your dishcloths and wish I had more time to squeeze a few of those into my knitting regime–not enough hours in my day. Here's hoping your little chicks all get over this virus soon–but having had 4 kids of my own, I remember how it was when 1 got sick-the other 3 soon followed suit. *smiles*

8. nauget bluff says:

Yeah..another pic of evie…I have a good friend named Evelyn..over the years we've called her evie…as I kid she wanted to be called by the third sylable.."lyn".. any nicknames yet for your evelyn? Nah..got nothing on the secret knit..

9. I love how you have your project list set up -so personal and interesting to read. The dishcloth looks very cheery. I would love to knit dishcloths but my mom always gives me dishcloths as gifts to that point that we have enough for 3 houses. And the baby is cute too!!

10. I love coming here to see the pictures of Lady Evelyn, she's so beautiful! And your secret project is very mysterious, no idea what it is!

What a sleeping angel. Sorry your kids got sick and it was going around. Hope it didn't last long in your house.