YOP Year 2 Update

It’s Sunday and time for a year of projects check in.

Progress has been made on the socks and the yarn for the other Hermione sock is rolled so all going well they will get cast on over the course of the week.

Right Twist Cable Rib Socks

As you know these socks are knit with Opal yarn and 2.5 dpn’s.

I’ve started another cloth and am slowly getting through the remainder of some I need to finish my challenge, despite running over on the time frame. My aunt loved receiving more of the cloths.

Easy Crochet Dishcloth

This is just a simple easy cloth crocheted with a 5mm hook using Lily’s Sugar N Cream.

Coming up in March I have my Godmothers birthday so I will need something for her and also Mothers day and I have a dear friends birthday also so I have a couple of projects for those that I’m going to work into some of the goals still to be met on my list and of course some are not even on the list lol. I’m starting off with a little something for my friend and Mothers Day but as both recipients read my blog it shall now be known as ” The Secret Project”…these are the colours involved though..

The Secret Project.

I will leave you now with some pictures of Lady Evelyn who this morning was enjoying having Ruairí sing her a song…in these he was singing head, shoulders, knees and toes to her..

8 Responses to YOP Year 2 Update

1. Emma/Itzy says:

Hi Ruth, I love the colours of your secret project, I look forward to seeing what it could be! :)Cute photos too 🙂

Hi Ruth. I too love the colors in your secret project. Oh tell what it is, I promise not to tell.Evelyn is got to be the prettiest baby I have ever seen. Oh how I wish I could give her hugs. I'll settle for you giving her hugs for me.Linda

3. SoCal Debbie says:

"Head, shoulders, knees, and toes." Now I'll have that sock stuck in my head all day!

4. I've been staring at your yarn colours too and wondering. My guess is a dozen different Color Affection Shawls … LOL!

5. Kim says:

Lots of yarn deliciousness you have there, Ruth! As always, I love what you are working on–and that little Evelyn is quite the beauty. I just know everyone in your family has got to be quite smitten with her!:)Have a super week! *smiles*PS: After your response to my Call the Midwife post, I researched a bit about the Magdalena Laundries–how utterly horrific, and did you know there were some of them here in the States too? It sure seems like it was quite a bit like the English's work houses that have also been exposed for the horror they were. Every country has those things we are ashamed of–

6. Keri says:

I can't wait to see the secret project. It looks like it will be lovely.I have to say though, that beautiful little girl does steal the show 🙂

7. nauget bluff says:

Cheeks…she's got cute chubby cheeks! I really love the sock pattern…it reminds me of ocean waves..

This last pic of your bairns together is the sweetest! She knows him and loves him. You are a terrific mum, Ruth. I wish it was easier to hop over and have a cup of tea with you. The colors for your god mum and Mother's day projects are delightful!