WIP Wednesday

This Wednesday sees many of the same projects as last week on the needles with a slight exception to one project and a new book !

WIP’s

On the left is the In Three’s cardigan, about another inch and it will be ready to start the bottom band, its hard to see all bunched up but it is nearly there !

Top of the picture are the Right Twist Cable Rib socks which are coming along slowly. One more pattern repeat and it will be time to start the heel.

On the left are some mini crochet hearts I’m doing up for Valentines Day to make a heart tree, these I’m expecting to be finished this evening as they are quick and easy but also tomorrow is Valentines Day lol.

The book I’m reading at the moment is The Independence of Miss Mary Bennet which I started at the weekend and I can’t say I’m yet enjoying it, I suspect its going to be a slog to get through. I’m only around the 100 page mark and I’m wondering what my next book to read shall be !

Today this post is taking part with Tami’s WIP Wednesday and with Ginny’s Yarn Along

12 Responses to WIP Wednesday

1. Natalie B. says:

Oh dear, Sorry to hear about the reading – I had a similar experience with Game of Thrones – and I managed to grit my teeth and drag through to chapter 50 something and then I just couldn't anymore!If you are looking for a good read, I would love to invite you to come and join us in our online book-club, so far the book/s have been great :)Love your hearts – so cute, look forward to seeing them on the tree!xNatalieBook-club: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/89922-marigolds-loft-online-book-club

2. ooh a heart tree, how cute and such an awesome idea!!! Have a creative wednesday xx

3. Kathy says:

I love the little hearts! So cute! — Kathy at http://www.needleandspade.com

4. Gorgeous hearts Ruth – I was planning something similar but I've been so busy I ran out of time! Sorry to hear the book is a slog – life's too short to not enjoy your reading time. x

5. Did you bunch up the In Threes to keep us from seeing properly until Friday? LOLCute little hearts. I hope you'll show us the final assembly. I'm feeling a bit out of sorts about V-Day this year but that may change as I just discovered a Lindt outlet store near work!

6. Tawnee Isner says:

A heart tree sounds adorable. Hope you can make it happen.

7. Kim says:

I agree with Sarah! Life is too short to waste on bad books…chuck it! I give myself 100 pages to decide and if you are dreaming of your next book? That is your sign. πŸ™‚ I must say though, it has taken me a good long while to get to the point where I can give myself permission to bail on a book. I just took a peak at the reviews of this book on Amazon, and while I know those are not the be all and end all of reviews, sometimes they do shed light on how you are feeling. πŸ˜‰ Let's just say I am not surprised you are struggling!I am looking forward to seeing your heart tree–I don't know what we will do for Valentines day as I a sick, sick, sick and have no energy for anything. I might get off the computer and go try knitting a little heart using the pattern I spotlighted in my YOP post a couple of weeks back….hmmm…yes you have inspired me. *smiles*

Everything looks great Ruth. I love the little hearts. Did the link to Attic 24 help?Linda

9. That's funny because I posted with WIP's (not too many with any progress) and a book I just finished.I was saving my sock until tomorrow else my regular bloggers get tired of seeing it! LOL!Your little hearts are so sweet! Happy Valentine's Day to you and your family!

10. Thoeria says:

Lovely knitting going on there Ruth πŸ™‚ And can't wait to see your Valentine Tree! I'd say if you're dreaming of your next book….then either skip the book or skip forward a few pages at a time….that yway you get the gist of the book and don't feel bad about not reading it! πŸ™‚

11. Those hearts are so cute!!! I was hoping to do something similar and make heart bunting for the home and office, but alas, I'm too late to make it happen for this year, so I've gotten started on shamrocks instead πŸ™‚

How awful to read a boring book. It was like that with the Salem Witch Trials chronicle. I couldn't get through the preface!Your projects in progress look great so far!