YOP Year 2

Oh boy if I thought I got little done last week this week was worse. I don’t think I spend a full hour knitting or crocheting this week.

We have been super busy with assessment tests for secondary level school for James. Here the children start school at 4/5 in what we call national school and attend this until 12 or until they finish 6th class where they then go on to secondary level and this is the school they then attend until heading to college after state exams at 17/18. James has chosen the school he’d like to attend and we are pleased with it as it has a wide choice of subjects and after school activities which are not all sport related, as he’s not interested in sport. He was also part of the local winning table quiz team and how heads onto the county finals next month or so. Add all this into a week where we normally have piano and guitar lessons for some of the other children, library trips. Lady Evelyn is also 9 weeks now and spends much of her day awake and normally between her last two feeds of the day she’s awake for the entire time enjoying being held and chatted to and she’s starting to gurgle back and laugh, its wonderful. This means that not much of my evening gets spent knitting but she is sleeping now from 10pm until 6am and a momma can’t complain about any of that !

Time enough for knitting will come…so you can see how progress was so minimal..

I’ve gotten a couple more rows done on the In Threes cardigan

The Right Twist Cable Rib socks have also a few more rows on it, missed this weeks update but hopefully will have it done this Thursday and would you believe the hank for the other Hermione sock still hasn’t been balled ! oh my

I’m 3/4 ways through the second Ripple scrap Cloth which needs to be finished asap as its part of a gift so I best get cracking with that first.

As I’ve no pictures for you this week, I’ll take a look at how my yop list is looking and see what I need to get cracking on with…

Year of Projects List 2012/2013

Hats :-  1/6
Harry Potter Hufflepuff Beanie – just one left to complete the collection
Strib Hat– I have yarn to knit three of these for the three younger children – COMPLETE 3/3
Felicity
Spring Beret
Hermione Hearts Ron
Slouched Tuva Hat

Scarves :-  0/1
Strangling Vine Lace Scarf
Lace Ribbon Scarf
Scrunchable Scarf
Springtime Bandit
Stolen Moments Wrap
Branching Out – this is started and just needs finishing off

Cowls :-  0/1
These are a few of the patterns I like but I’ve not picked which one or indeed how many of them I will knit, that is to be decided when I start on a cowl.
Eirin Cowl – these also have a pattern for fingerless gloves which I love also
Rhosyn Cowl – these also come with a pair of matching fingerless gloves and a headband
Pendleton Cowl – I love the colourwork in this one

Fingerless Gloves :-  1/1
I want to make one pair of fingerless gloves this year, more if I get the time. Again these are some of the patterns I have in mind but I’m undecided on which one.
Veyla
Brontes Mitts
Victoria Fingerless Mittens
Susie’s Reading Mitts – COMPLETE
Hermione Hearts Ron Fingerless Gloves

Socks :-  0/1
I would love to knit a good few pairs of socks but that not may be possible so I shall aim to knit this pair anyway and anything over that shall be a bonus.
Hermiones Everyday Socks – STARTED

Dishcloths :-  12/25
My aim is to continue knitting one a week until the end of December. This post I’m moving here to a Sunday and I’m making it part of the projects as it will be something I’m doing. – Weekly Challenge

Advent Garland :-  24/24
Smitten A Holiday Garland – this I fell in love with and as family who love an advent calendar I thought this might be different and fun this year, especially if I fill each mitten with a little piece of chocolate for each of the children. – COMPLETE

Items for Baby :-
Baby Mitts 1/1 COMPLETE

Items for the children :-
Childrens Mittens 3/3 COMPLETE
Jacques Cousteau Hat 2/2 COMPLETE
Basic Beanie 3/3 COMPLETE
Godric’s Hollow Hat 1/1 COMPLETE

The list is not looking to bad, I can now see I need to get my socks finished and get at the rest of my hats that I want and a cowl, as some of the sections I’ve a few patterns picked but aim to knit just one out of that section its not as bad as it looks.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to YOP Year 2

1. Some weeks are like that, aren't they. Regardless your list looks great with over 5 months to go. Here's to a great week x

2. D'oh – I meant to say over 4 months to go!!! πŸ˜€

3. Sandy says:

Time enough later for knitting…you're right on the money. They grow up so very fast. Don't blink. lolI think you accomplish tons…you must be very organized.

Oh my Ruth. I'm still amazed you get anything done with your schedule. But, I know you, you'll get em all done.Linda

5. Some weeks, even just a little bit of crafting can be good for the soul and the list…Some weeks are just crazy busy…for me, after I finish a big project I normally need to take a break for my hands…

6. As I'm sure you know these precious moments with the children are all too fleeting – the knitting can wait! Evelyn sleeps 8 hours straight at 9 weeks- just more to love about her!

7. Kim says:

How can that baby be 9 weeks already?? Baby smiles and gurgles are the best. πŸ™‚ I found reading about your education system fascinating and so different from ours. Frankly, our system is really in crisis and is in some desperate need of reform. Enjoy your time with your littles, and enjoy the crafting time as it comes. I am facing an empty nest in a little over a year and I am having a hard time fathoming that! Have a super week–and best of luck to your son and his tests.*smiles*

8. Thoeria says:

Our schooling years work about the same here Ruth :)I can well imagine that you're super busy normally….as you know I am in awe of the amount of stuff you get through in a week! Never you mind about the stitching and knitting etc. There will be time enough for that. Little Miss Evelyn wants attention πŸ™‚

9. nauget bluff says:

It's not nice when real life intrudes on out knit time..but your real life, despite being busy..sounds wonderful..especially miss evie..9 weeks..drooling, smiley, and cooing…priceless..I want one!

10. Tricia says:

I never thought for one minute you'd have a week like that,as you are so on the ball :0). Glad to hear James has picked his new school so hopefully they'll accept him.Its hard to believe he is heading into Secondary School.I wont start my count down yet to when I'll be up your way in june , think after may bank hol will be plenty of time, cant wait to see miss Evelyn :0)

11. Unknown says:

I've been feeling a bit sluggish too. I'll echo what others have said. Enjoy the kids, knit when you can!

As Kim says, where has that nine weeks gone? I'm always amazed at what you do get done….my YOP stuff has all been a bit shakey recently, my socks have hardly grown at all, but hey, it's supposed to be an enjoyment. You have your priorities all right. enjoy your evening cuddles!

13. Wow, you do sound busy! And sleeping through the night at 9 weeks, that is amazing, though I can't believe it's really been 9 weeks already!

It was very interesting to read about your school system. Our elementary/primary schools mostly go to 5th grade and middle school is 6th-8th grade. Then there's high school from ages 14-17.I love how you're such a great mum, Ruth. I love how James's intellect is embraced as are your other children's individualities. That is how we parents need to respond to our kids. Just because we have more of one gender, each is different.