YOP Year 2

It has been a day of relaxing and chilling, watching movies with the children and its just whats been needed after the last couple of hectic weeks, hence the lateness of this post !

Work this week has mainly centered around finishing the heart garland off and for anyone who missed Friday’s FO post here’s another look (btw I’m still happy dancing about it lol ! )

Heart Garland

For the SAL I’ve gotten a bit more done on the Right Twist Cable Rib socks..this is a bad picture as its so late in the evening, hopefully on Thurs I’ll have a better picture and be further along !

Right Twist Cable Rib Socks.

I did get a finish done on a cloth for a gift set. This is a Ripple Scrap Dishcloth. I didn’t use scraps of yarn just a Rico Cotton Aran weight with a 4mm hook, I also chained an extra 10 chains at the start as I was using a lighter weight yarn that the pattern suggested.

Ripple Scrap Dishcloth

I’ve one more cloth to do for this set which is going to be done in a variegated yarn, I know the above looks white but it is more cream (again, the light is so bad this evening). I also still need to ball up the skein of other yarn to start my other Hermione sock, I am hoping to get to that this week, its only taking two weeks to get to roll the yarn !!

You all asked how I manage to do it and I’ll show you how I get to use both my hands lol… this is the closest you’ll catch me to in front of the camera!
This is Evelyn’s favourite place to be and I can’t say I hate it either, I just love using the sling and rarely if ever use a pushchair.

Lady Evelyn enjoying the perks of the sling.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to YOP Year 2

1. Sandy says:

Sock looks good, like the color. And you're really coming along with all your projects.

2. That heart garland is so cheerful! Do you have some special plans with the kids for Valentines Day? Heart-shaped pancakes with custard and strawberries? I guess I could plan that myself – you're never too old for it, are you?I love the little scrap ripple dishcloth, although I found it too cute for dishes and paired it up with some handmade soap as a washcloth.

3. Renee Anne says:

We couldn't find carriers big enough to fit around Husband and I so we used the stroller all the time. I kind of wish we could have used a carrier but it just didn't work out. Oh well 🙂

4. Nicola says:

Slings are such a useful way of multi tasking Ruth.

Oh babies are so lucky! That is the best way to have her close by and happy and get stuff done.

Love your knitted pieces and the heart garland is adorable.Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous. Great way to get jobs done.Linda

7. Thoeria says:

Oh I loved the carrier too Ruth! It really is great for letting you do other stuff as well 🙂 Evelyn is looking snug as a bug there!You need to do a tutorial on your hearts!

8. nauget bluff says:

I know there is pictures of knitting but I love seeing pictures of Evelyn..She looks very content in that snuggly.. We kept Chris snuggled in a carrier for as long as we could.. He loved it..We used to argue over who's turn it was to hold him! Despite many attempts, we only were blessed with chris and I swear we held him till he was 3!

9. cleancup says:

Snugglies/Slings are really fabulous– my family refers to them as "wearing the baby" and all of the babies are worn 🙂 Your sock looks great, and Evelyn is precious!

10. Silverlotus says:

I love the garland! I'll have to remember to do something like that next year.And the wee baby is so cute!

11. The heart garland is lovely! The sling is a great idea for multi-tasking with your little lady :).

12. Ziggyeor says:

aww too cute.I love the projects too 😉

13. Lori ann says:

oh how darling ruth! i love your little evelyn in her cosy wrap! and the hearts are too sweet! xox

14. Oh! Your banner….I never go into FO because I rarely have any! LOL! So glad you re-posted it although I read your blog always so I would have seen it eventually…I'm catching up from it being "crazy" here this past weekend.The banner is so sweet and I bet the girls love it too! I like how you did varying sizes and design too.The socks are really coming along nicely and love the yarn you chose. I'm really getting the socks down pat now with this second pair.Will you look at little Lady Evelyn! Isn't she just the cutest little munchkin! Is that blonde hair I see? I bet you can barely put her down she's so precious. She looks like she's a really good baby too. Kisses to Lady Evelyn! Oh, I've been meaning to ask you about your washcloth "sets". What do you include as a gift to someone and how many? I want to start making for this year and i even got some "Christmas" colored cotton Peaches & Cream today at the store. Thanks!