YOP Year 2 Update

Evening all, its slightly later than normal, its been one of those weeks! you know the one where you seem to have a never ending list of jobs and just when you think your at the end a few more pop up..well that’s been this week.

Updates this week a bitty. I’ve had a major go of startitis which I’m hoping will end up as a list of finishitis soon …

I started to crochet some hearts in the hope of turning them into a garland of sorts for the girls bedroom. I don’t have a pattern as such and I’m just sort of making it up as I go along. I am using King Cole’s Bamboo Cotton with a 4mm hook.

Crochet hearts for heart garland.

I found my darning needle and closed the toe on the Hermione’s Everyday socks but haven’t had a moment to cast on the second sock I’m really hoping later tonight or tomorrow I’ll get to do that, I do need to nab one of my boys for winding the second skein of yarn though. I signed up for the sock KAL along with Sarah at Crafts from the Cwtch . Apart from casting on the other night I didn’t get back near these. I am doing the twisted cable rib socks from the Ann Budd book. I’m using Opal Faeries and Elves with a 2.5mm dpn. Some of you recommended Opal and I had a ball in my stash so I’m going to see what it knits up like as I can get this readily enough and is not overly expensive.

Hermiones Everyday Sock and Twisted Cable Rib sock

And lastly I’ve another two or so inches to go on the In Threes but its coming along nicely and is a quick knit. This picture is a better one of the shade. Its Sublime Baby Cashmere Merino Silk DK on 4 mm needles.

In Threes

These are the projects for this week with hopefully some of them being finished. I also need to start a dishcloth gift set for an upcoming birthday, so I’ll throw that into the mix also. I won’t bore you with the list this week as there has been little progress on it.

11 Responses to YOP Year 2 Update

1. I think startitis must be fairly prevalent this time of year. All of your projects look great fun, particularly those hearts!

The in threes cardi, is very pretty, nice pattern. I like your hearts, get you making things up as you crochet! I have a heart idea on my mind this week, I need to get going on it me thinks!I've had a week of fits and starts, some successes, some non-starts….but then there's always this week!Have a good week.x

3. All of your projects look great! I really like Hermoine's socks… you should send them my way ;)Startitis… yup. Same on my end 🙂

4. Tricia says:

Just love the hearts ruth, cant wait to see the garland complete, and the cardi is fab

Your knitting is awesome Ruth and your crocheting ain't bad either. lol And you said you didn't know how to crochet. I love the baby sweater and the color is so pretty. Great looking sock.Linda

6. I know what you mean! It's been a busy week here too and things that shouldn't have taken too long seemed to take forever! I've been doing lots of research and learning about sock knitting using all 3 methods…I'll update on the KAL. Thank you for pointing that group out to me! I can't wait to see little Evelyn's sweater on her…it is such a cute pattern. I would like one like that for myself except much larger of course! LOL!I can't believe you just made up those little hearts in your head and they turned out!?!?! If I did that they would not resemble hearts…I have to have a "recipe" for everything. Very sweet! TTYS! Enjoy your evening!

7. Thoeria says:

Lol Ruth…..If I were as busy as you are I'd have one of those weeks every week!! Love those hearts….very cute! I really do need to get along with the whole crochet thing….was on my list last year…and I did kind of start but can't remember what I did! That cardigan is soooo sweet!!

8. nauget bluff says:

It will be nice having hearts around the house with valentines day next month….socks..*sigh* everyone is doing socks…it must be a sign that I have to give them another shot!

9. Kim says:

Evelyn will be stylin' for sure in that beautiful sweater! How fun to be able to knit a gender specific item for her. Honestly Ruth, I don't know how you do it all each week. Do you sleep? 🙂 I am having a week of staritis and dinking arounditis, as is evident with my slow going Barndance scarf. Foolishly I signed up for that sock KAL, but I really need to get cracking on my soon to be born, (May 7th'ish) Rosie's newborn dress! I anticipate trouble with that pattern which will mean some slow going. Hopefully I can start my socks this week–but I am still wishy-washy on whether to do one at a time or two…..hmmmm?Have a super week and be sure to show us that adorable heart garland when it is all hung…such lucky little girls!*smiles*

10. The hearts will be adorable in your girl's rooms!

I love how you have different projects going on. A variety to keep you interested and going.